• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone know about air conditioning? (leak inside house)

BCM1323654788

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
24   0
Reaction score
I heard a drip so I opened the closet that houses the hot water heater and Air conditioner, there's water on the floor so I soaked it up with a towel, got a few empty containers catching any drops and a fresh towel down at the moment.

The drip was coming through the bottom of the air conditioner through the filter. I'm thinking the water pan in the bottom of the unit is clogged?

I pulled the line off the unit and sprayed air downstream towards the drain, and sprayed air towards the water pan. (Lady I bought the house from said it may leak occasionally but I honestly forgot to have someone check it out.) She said just pull the line off and blow it out with an air compressor, so I did (also busted that elbow piece in the pic just now) but she's not here to verify it's the same issue, so I'm not really sure if it's the same problem.

I'm getting about 2 drops per second every time the air kicks on (takes about a minute to produce drops but then it's steady for the next 4 minutes or so that it runs).

I'm thinking I'm gonna have to shut her off for the night and call the AC guy first thing in the morning.

I see these black plugs near the drain line. Wish I knew if those would help me clear it?

Anyone know a fix for this in case I need to run it tomorrow afternoon before the air guy gets here?

Thanks!

20180822_221117.jpg
20180822_221019.jpg
20180822_221057.jpg

If the filter is clogged or damp it can cause the fan to suck water back through the drain. Plumb in a clean out pipe going vertical so your can pour water through it to confirm it is clear. The broken elbow could also be the source of the leak. I would re plumb all of the white pvc. It is a mess.

Back
Top Bottom