• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone know about Drones?

It's a decent little drone. I have no idea what the wind is like around the Grand Canyon, but I prob would have opted for one of their larger models. That Mini will get pushed around pretty easy. The larger models generally have better quality cameras on them too.

On the other hand, I think the Mini2 is small enough to not require a FAA license to fly it. Just make sure to keep it under 400 ft. Make sure you are aware of any local rules or regulations in regards to drone use as well.

DJI is a good brand though. Most of the sales guys at my company use DJI drones for roof inspections instead of having to climb on the roof.

I'd suggest getting as familiar as possible with flying it before your trip. And do your practice flying in an open area away from trees. I crashed a DJI Mavic Air 2 at least 3 times before I got really comfortable with flying it. I was fortunate to not break anything on it.

I honestly don't remember any tips or tricks for best pics, but there should be quite a few camera settings you can play with, I'm assuming. Idk for sure since I have no experience with the Mini or Mini2. I know there was a good many options on mine, as well as a couple different lens or filters you could physically attach to it.

Prob more I could mention, but I'll stop here since this is already turning into a novel.

2FE3EA55-EDFE-4245-953E-04B576D6C44F.png

Some places you just can't use them. Drones seem fun, but if I had one I think I would use it like 3 times then it would just sit. Seems like something fun to play around with on a short term thing. Unless you have a business use and can make money with it.

Back
Top Bottom