• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone know anything about WWII memorabilia ?

Mark IV

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
90   0
Reaction score
Decades ago, along with a bunch of cool photos and stuff, I got this odd poster as part of some WWII souvenirs that were kept by a great uncle that was a T-sergeant in Europe during the Battle of the Bulge, etc.
I had the thing hung up on my bedroom wall when I was a kid in the early 70's, along with my model airplanes.
I just got to wondering if this kinda stuff had any value to speak of. It's in very worn condition, but i imagine not a lot of these survived at all, given the fragility.
I asked about it on another forum, and one of the guys found this website, http://www.7tharmddiv.org/
that has a photo and some commentary on the identical poster. I've already set an e-mail to one of the people on the site.
Anyway, here are a couple pics. Any solid info, or even suggestions on better places to inquire are much appreciated......

IMG_1638.JPG

IMG_1639.JPG

It has value. How much, I'm not sure. Repros sell on eBay for $13, so an original is probably worth at least double that. But I might be way low or too high. Not familiar with this particular poster.

But condition wise, it does leave a lot to be desired, but the only ones I've seen listed on Ebay are new reproductions.

I've learned by buying ww2 memorabilia and ww2 lots off ebay that families always get rid of the paper documents first, then the clothing, and finally the the medals if they go for broke on the sale

if you have paper documents that are period correct keep them and records as well, the soldier kept all those documents for a reason and they do not take up too much space

Back
Top Bottom