• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

anyone know anywhere to hunt coyotes in georgia?

Well, here's the official answer from Don at the Wildlife Resource Division:

Hey Don,

Do you allow people to hunt Coyote’s at night with thermal/night vision devices?

Hi Ryan, we do not allow it on WMA’s or other state lands, and to my knowledge, neither is it allowed on federal lands. For private land interpretation I am copying Lt. Judd Smith from the DNR Law Enforcement Division for his advice. Thanks. Don.

Don McGowan
Region Operations Manager, Game Management

Wildlife Resources Division
(770) 918-6404 | M: (404) 987-4369

FacebookTwitterInstagram
Buy a hunting or fishing license today!
—————————————————
A division of the
GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES

That's what I figured. I bet you could find someone on here to take you night hunting on private land. Keep checking this thread and someone will pop in.

I do have a related question... Building on 5 acres up in Young Harris area.... From neighbors, I am hearing that there re many coyotes that come onto the property....
If they come onto my property, can I shoot them without consequences or need for a permit?

If you do find somewhere to hunt at night, it is advisable to do (2) things:

Call the local DNR AGENT, and report where you are hunting in case some one hears your shooting he will be aware of what is going on.

Then call the local authorities and report your night hunting, and the name of the local DNR, agent you have reported your hunting
activity to

This helps, makes the local authorities, and DNR, to rest a little a easier when someone reports shooting activity in the area.

just a simple suggestion that has worked well...

I do have a related question... Building on 5 acres up in Young Harris area.... From neighbors, I am hearing that there re many coyotes that come onto the property....
If they come onto my property, can I shoot them without consequences or need for a permit?

Need a hunting license and you're good to go...

Choot em. After you buy your hunting license.

If you do find somewhere to hunt at night, it is advisable to do (2) things:

Call the local DNR AGENT, and report where you are hunting in case some one hears your shooting he will be aware of what is going on.

Then call the local authorities and report your night hunting, and the name of the local DNR, agent you have reported your hunting
activity to

This helps, makes the local authorities, and DNR, to rest a little a easier when someone reports shooting activity in the area.

just a simple suggestion that has worked well...
you are definitely fit to be in this thread with a name like that haha

Back
Top Bottom