• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone know where I can borrow the equipment to cycle the abs system? UPDATED!

rockyfatcat

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
31   0
Reaction score
My daughter's car 100% wore the rear pads to nothing.

I cracked the cap on the brake reservoir and retracted the rear calipers, installed new pads and good to go! right!

not quite

She told me the brakes were extra touchy and I asked her to stomp am hold the brakes before driving the car.

Today she had to leave the car in the driveway because the rear brakes are held so tightly the car won't roll.

I am thinking the ABS system is holding the pressure and I should cycle the ABS system with something like the snap-on solus ultra.

anybody have any better ideas?

I did some more research and it was suggested that one of the calipers was dragging.

I thought about it. The passenger side plunger was fairly easy to push back into the caliper. The driver side plunger was a m8th***rf&er to push back into the caliper.

We replaced drivers side rear caliper. I thought it was fixed! WRONG!

So I drove the car without any problem to get lunch and back.

Someone else drove it and came back with the same issue. I changed the other side.

Came back with the same problem.

It wasn't having any issues (that we knew about) before changing the rear brake pads.

We have changed the rear disc brake pads and both rear calipers and 10 minutes of driving the rear brakes are really tough to turn (basically locked up)

Anybody have any helpful ideas?

Crack the rear line coming out of the proportioning valve and see if that releases the calipers. If so, then move up and crack the rear line coming out of the master and see if its under pressure. Ive never seen a master hold pressure without the peddle sticking too but thats easy enough to rule out.

Back
Top Bottom