• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

anyone know where to get kitchen knives sharpened?

Holy smokes! this thread got tons of information quickly! I leave for 5 days I get insulted and get information. this is what im talking about! lol. Thank you guys. I will definitely start reaching out to the people everyone mentioned due to us needing these hand forged Swedish steel blades sharpened. I saw this guy on YouTube Sharpen blades on an MDF wheel on a bench grinder. looks like it works well. anyone see this?

What I think got me going with all of this is all these folks that lose it all over the internet if the angle isn't right. I still dont understand how someone computes what a 16 degree angle vs a 14 degree angle looks like.

Sharpening knives is not a magical art. You could shave with my kitchen knives, carbon steel and/or stainless. All you need is a steady hand, good stone(s) and some light oil. A hone is all you need most of the year to maintain an edge.

This, if the edges aren’t bad just buy a decent steel and that should maintain them.

This, if the edges aren’t bad just buy a decent steel and that should maintain them.
I'm so cheap I even resharpen dulled utility knives' blades, LOL. Stone and oil and 1 minute, done.
20210509_090003.jpg

Back
Top Bottom