• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

anyone know where to get kitchen knives sharpened?

Good gosh almighty ! You stay away from my knives !
How do you sharpen your lawnmower blades and other tools? You can do a hell of a sharpening job this way. Use it on my ZT's, JP Torres, German Henckels, Benchmades. Anything.

Have you seen how they sharpen knives when you send them to Benchmade? Do you think they sit there and use stones? Lol

How do you sharpen your lawnmower blades and other tools? You can do a hell of a sharpening job this way. Use it on my ZT's, JP Torres, German Henckels, Benchmades. Anything.

Have you seen how they sharpen knives when you send them to Benchmade? Do you think they sit there and use stones? Lol

I own a 1 inch belt grinder I used to have a 1 and half horse Baldor belt grinder for making knives so Im pretty good on a belt grinder (on annealed steel) but I wouldn't use them for maintaining a blade.
I guess if I marred a blade up real bad then I would use a belt grinder but I have some pretty nice stones that I can get near mirror finish on. Besides I like doing it. Call it therapy

I own a 1 inch belt grinder I used to have a 1 and half horse Baldor belt grinder for making knives so Im pretty good on a belt grinder (on annealed steel) but I wouldn't use them for maintaining a blade.
I guess if I marred a blade up real bad then I would use a belt grinder but I have some pretty nice stones that I can get near mirror finish on. Besides I like doing it. Call it therapy
The 600 grit to 2000 grit are very easy on them and gets you a wicked edge after honing with leather belt and compound. I just use the bejesus out of mine and don't have the time to sharpen with my stones all the time.

so I ended up buying a kit. its called razorsharp edge making kit. MDF wheels on my grinder. happy I took you goons advice and, tried sharpening my own. this kit made it ridiculous easy and its razor sharp for my kitchen knives. so easy a mook like myself put a mean edge on.

and sharpening a knife with a window is on my list of things to do at this point,

so I ended up buying a kit. its called razorsharp edge making kit. MDF wheels on my grinder. happy I took you goons advice and, tried sharpening my own. this kit made it ridiculous easy and its razor sharp for my kitchen knives. so easy a mook like myself put a mean edge on.

and sharpening a knife with a window is on my list of things to do at this point,

Also keep a piece of Ceramic or leather around for in-between sharpening.

looking for an actual place in the Atlanta area. We have German forged blades and dont want to risk messing them up.
With the forge of Henkel cutlery, a Industral diamond stone is needed, u can order 1 on line for about $20 or less, if u bring your knives to a pro, they will probably put them on a grinding wheel which takes off way too much metal, get a stone on line and teach yourself, it’s a dying art!

Back
Top Bottom