• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone local that does AK work? 07/02 FFL possibly necessary...

bryanZ06

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
26   0
Reaction score
I have an Arsenal 104UR that I've just submitted paperwork for. It seems that the newer 104URs came with a restrictor in the gas block to keep the non-SBR'd rifles from beating the hell out of themselves. Along with engraving, I need to get that restrictor out of the gun and I'd like to go ahead and have the barrel chopped/crowned with a fake PBS-1 attached to keep it at 16" until the paperwork comes back. I'm thinking a small piece of steel welded to the fake can that is long enough to make contact with the FSB/GB to keep it from being removed would work. When the Form 1 comes back, I could cut the extension off and have the gun ready to go without additional downtime.

Is there anyone local that can handle that? I'd rather not send the gun off for months if I can avoid it.

Not exactly local to you, but I suggest you check with Shannon Jennings at Arrowhead Pawn in Jonesboro--If he says he can do it, it will be done RIGHT, and if he can't do it, he will steer you to someone who CAN...HTH....mikey357

I have an Arsenal 104UR that I've just submitted paperwork for. It seems that the newer 104URs came with a restrictor in the gas block to keep the non-SBR'd rifles from beating the hell out of themselves. Along with engraving, I need to get that restrictor out of the gun and I'd like to go ahead and have the barrel chopped/crowned with a fake PBS-1 attached to keep it at 16" until the paperwork comes back. I'm thinking a small piece of steel welded to the fake can that is long enough to make contact with the FSB/GB to keep it from being removed would work. When the Form 1 comes back, I could cut the extension off and have the gun ready to go without additional downtime.

Is there anyone local that can handle that? I'd rather not send the gun off for months if I can avoid it.
As long as you don’t intend to sell the SBR you don’t need to engrave it. This is from the BATFE themselves. The manufacturers markings suffice as Identification for the SBR you “re-manufactured”. Save your money. If OR when you intend to sell the weapon you will need to engrave it if you intend to sell it as an SBR. If you remove it from the registry obviously you will have never needed to engrave it. If you keep it forever you will not need to engrave it. If it was built from an 80% Reciever or less (which yours wasn’t and is a factory Arsenal with a SN that is in the registry) you would need to engrave your manufacturing information regardless of selling or not (whether trust or individual)

Get this question a lot at the shop hope that helps save you some cheddar better spent on getting the restrictor handled

Meridian Ordnance in Kentucky. I've sent them a couple and am sending them another this week. Check em out.

Back
Top Bottom