• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone lose a key?

mo mauser

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
Pulled this out of wife's flat tire this morning. Ask her where was the rest of the car she hit.

So what weird things have you pulled out of a flat tire? I have pulled a piece of bone before.

IMG_20211015_113857_01.jpg

I flatted in Kennesaw about 10 years ago at night. Instant flat - rear driver tire. I put on the spare and took the tire to the shop the next day to see what could be done. The guy in the tire shop brought me a brake pad with a dumb look on his face. All we could figure out is my front tire ran over it and turned it on edge - the rear tire ate it. He said he'd never seen that before... and no a plug wouldn't fix the tire.

I used to own a Tire Shop and I drive about 600 miles everyday. I doubt you could describe a scenario that would surprise me.
I was about to say, i wasn’t specifically into tires, just a drivability tech for 20yrs but i would take customers cars when i wasnt busy, no matter what. I kept a bucket with junk we pulled out of them by the tire machine.
We would get tools, pieces of everything you can imagine just about, any kind of exterior engine parts and some interior motor parts too, we got rocks, sticks, mailbox pieces, road sign chunks, poles, hardware beyond imagination…..on and on and on - LOL

The only noteworthy thing I remember from my automotive days was someone had ran over a railroad spike. That one punched a hole in the wheel as well.

Back
Top Bottom