• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone make a nice lightweight 12.5" barrel?

Burning Love

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
tat-man
93   0
Reaction score
Im in the process of building a super lightweight AR, and I’m looking for recommendations on a nice, lightweight 12.5" barrel. I’ve got a bunch of nice parts from 2A armament ready to roll. In those parts, I’ve ended up with a 12" rail because, well, that’s what I have. The size seems handy, and I don’t have a 12.5" AR yet so I figure i’ll run with it! I checked out Faxon and they don’t seem to offer that size. I’ve got a ballistic advantage 12.5 sitting in my parts so that’s what will go on it in the meantime, but the goal is to end up with the lightest package possible (without spending $500+ on the barrel preferably).

Here’s what I’m working with now, with a LPK, titanium takedown pins, and the FA and dust cover on the way.
923DD414-8D79-48C5-BD15-E0108D3F518B.jpeg

I really like Ballistic advantage barrels for the value/performance. I have one on my carbine. Also a fan of Faxon. Looks like it's gonna be a nice gun!

I really like Ballistic advantage barrels for the value/performance. I have one on my carbine. Also a fan of Faxon. Looks like it's gonna be a nice gun!
Thanks, dude! I’ll bring what I’ve got done by the shop next Thursday so you can check it out. Should be a fun one no matter what.

Are you gonna wanna run a can on it? If so, I would highly recommend the Sionics 11.5” with the Reduced Gas Port. Still runs like a champ without the can. You won’t have to adjust anything when switching back and forth. They also offer the same barrel without the Reduced Gas Port.

If you’re not going to run a can, I also like the 11.5” barrel from Black River Tactical.

Both these barrels are what I would call a midweight, however. I prefer a little weight towards the muzzle when shooting.

Back
Top Bottom