• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone need a little companion dog?

That's likely going to happen here too. Lucky wasn't nearly as pitiful as your "find." I'm amazed that people can ignore an animal that needy. I can't do it. Good on you for giving her a healthy and happy life.

We fosters call it "Foster FAIL!"..... it's the best type.

Good for you for having the heart you do...and for her for finding you.

I'll let you know, thanks! She's quite the little sneak when it comes to food. I guess that's what happens when you near starvation. We're feeding her according to her weight and she's adding a pound I know. Her ribs aren't as pronounced as they were. Filling out nicely. She's super sweet. I mean really sweet. Great disposition even when Trixie attacks her (not seriously, just snarly, snappy stuff.) They have yet to establish the 'order' around here although I suspect Lucky will be happy to be beta to Trixie's alpha personality.

We.were in exactly the same position about six years ago. We had a little white.dog find us at our farm. She was pitiful and needed attention. I told the wife we already had a dog and couldn't keep her. Well, we got her medical care and she never left. She is my baby now.

Well done, sir! The difference between "before" and "After" is wonderful to see!
Thank you for sharing -- made my day!
John

She's really smart. If I make the "Aank Aaankkk" noise she stops what she's doing and looks to me for a signal or clue. If I say "stop" she stops barking. "Come" and she'll come running. She must have belonged to someone I think. She's filling out and seems quite happy.
Sounds like you couldn't ask for a better dog. Cute, loving, obedient and semi trained. Good post.

I'd have her but I already have two male dogs in the house. They have yet to be neutered. She'd have no rest.

She's been here only three weeks or so and worked her way into our home. It's going to be tough to leave her with her new owner. The lady at the pet store in North Macon seemed really nice and she wants Lucky for her home. She had a Basset Hound for a long time and is now ready for another dog. I hope Lucky will mind her as well as she minds me. We're sending the kennel, bed, blanket and bowls with so she'll have some continuity. I've offered to pay for the heart worm treatments (final shots) if she'll keep the appointments.

Thanks to all that offered to take her into your homes. If the lady changes her mind, I kind of want her back here though.

Back
Top Bottom