• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone own a Dewalt 60V chainsaw?

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
Curious if junk or awesome.

Watched some youtube videos ....seems to be pretty decent but those reviews are usually one time trials and not “owned for a while” reviews.

I've got a 20V one and love it. Just the right size for most jobs with a 12 inch bar that I want to tackle. Mine doesn't cut as fast as a gas one; but it starts cutting when I pull the trigger and I don't worry about having to pull start it all the time. It also is light. I've already got a lot of the DeWalt 20V tools, so it was an easy decision for me.

I've got a 20V one and love it. Just the right size for most jobs with a 12 inch bar that I want to tackle. Mine doesn't cut as fast as a gas one; but it starts cutting when I pull the trigger and I don't worry about having to pull start it all the time. It also is light. I've already got a lot of the DeWalt 20V tools, so it was an easy decision for me.

Cool...thanks for the info.
I just hope the motors last a while.

Curious if junk or awesome.

Watched some youtube videos ....seems to be pretty decent but those reviews are usually one time trials and not “owned for a while” reviews.
I did a lot of research on 16 and 18 inch Battery powered chain saws..Check out the Stihl and all that made the top list..I purchased a 16in Green works 40volt...Its like a rat on acid and surprised the crap out of me...I keep it in the jeep now, since I have trees fall from time to time along the driveway..I had to cut two that were blocking the drive and my son had to do three, just the other day while leaving to go back to Colorado. I checked the charge and it was half way down..So I recharged it filled the oil back up and put it back in the jeep..It's just as heavy as the gas models but it blew my mind, at how bad ass it was..No more fuel, no more hard starts and a hell of a lot less MOOLA..Hope that helps some, if you want to check out mine, come on over and I'll give you a chance to check it out!

My brother and a good friend of mine
both have 40v. saws with 14" bars /chains.
They are great. Fast cutting, quiet, instant "on" and capable of felling a 60-foot tall tree and then cutting off all the big limbs and sectioning the trunk into 18 inch rounds to be split in the future for firewood. All on one battery.

I have a Ryobi 40V that has been nothing but impressive. It’ll cut the full 14” depth of the bar, last quite a long time, and I love how it’s off when you aren’t pulling the trigger.

The batteries themselves leave a lot to be desired though.

I went through 3 60V Dewalt chainsaws. All replaced under warranty, all junk. Went with a Milwaukee m18 fuel and have been happy ever after. The single point tightening system was my biggest problem. It would loosen up many times throwing the chain. The last saw it had so much wobble it destroyed itself.

Back
Top Bottom