• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone own a rock river arms 1911?

ch035

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
101   0
Reaction score
Before the ar world went nuts RRA produced 1911's. I went to buy one years ago and when I called they said they couldn't meet orders for ar-15's so it was all hands on deck. It looks like they scrapped that part of the business. I wanted one to go with my ar. Anyone actually have one from pre Obama ar explosion days?

Nope, But I remember they were getting stellar reviews. Could have been hype I guess but I couldnt afford one then so it didnt really matter. And I thought they went on hiatus way before Obama- like several years before.

I remember many comparing them to Les Baers.

Damn things are high as hell. I have never even seen one in person but there are plenty of great 1911's for half the price. Just the basic limited is 1,950. The nice tactical offering is 2,200. You can buy 3 decent mid grade 1911's for that.

I had one years ago. It was the one with the rail (model designation escaped me)
It was phenomenal. Fit and finish were on par with Bear, Brown, etc.
Buy with confidence. If i could find one, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one
Now, the new poly frame ones... IDK

Maybe I need to give them a second look. I just figured they were just a run of the mill 1911 like their rifles. Don't get me wrong they have good rifles but I didn't think their 1911's would be so much better than say a Sig, Ruger, S&W, Remy, Springy etc. etc. etc... Plus the fact I really hadn't researched that particular weapon. I just thought they threw one together real quick and marked it up to the moon. Maybe I need to keep my eyes out for one.
I usually just buy a 1000 dollar gun and give it a good work over and that gets me into a really good gun an amazing shooter.

Back
Top Bottom