• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone own or driven one of these Indian Jeeps?

Are these just a glorified side x side? i thought they might be street legal.
I would bet against the street legal part. Nothing imported and really cool is street legal here. Like those little Suzuki mini trucks that look like a small Isuzu cabover . I recall getting excited about a Chinese company called BAM or Beijing Auto Manufacturing when I saw their models at the Perry Fair over 20 years ago. They were all 4 wheel drive and one looked a lot like an old VW Thing with the canvas top and 4 doors. So I took a brochure. None of them were street legal and never would be.

I have 2JD Gators. I’m used to not street legal. If it can hold up to them in performance then I’m interested.
The prettiest girl in my 1st year of 4th grade was Cynthia Thrift. I always said that would be my wife’s name. I liked Trigger the wonder Horse and I said I would have one and Nelly Belle too.
My palomino mare died 4 years ago and my wife is Cindy. I got to see this thru.

Chrysler owns the Willys brand. It was sold to AMC in 1970 and acquired by Chrysler in 1987.

Ruh-roh...court case would definitely be interesting...

Oh, and what's old is new again...

www.cj3a.info_cj3a_farmjeep_kw1706.jpg

Will never be street legal

No way it could ever meet emission standards or crash standards
Not ever

For $15 k you could just buy an old Jeep and restore it and have something that would hold its value and be street legal

Not that hard to do
Replace the engine and trans and axles with something late model fuel injected and reliable

I’ve done that to several vehicles
A used engine is cheap

There’s a rusty scrambler body and frame on CL for $2000

That and a $1000 good running old Cherokee or GC to donate the drivetrain and you’re on the road without spending big money

Will never be street legal

No way it could ever meet emission standards or crash standards
Not ever

That's why the Polaris Slingshot had to be classified as a motorcycle. No way it could meet crash standards. Yes, its street legal, but none of the handling or open air freedom of a bike. For 20k+ you get basically a 3 wheel car with no storage space, no roof and you have to wear a helmet when you drive it. :noidea:

st.automobilemag.com_uploads_sites_11_2015_08_2015_Polaris_Slingshot_front_three_quarter_motion.jpg

kinda nuts that two wheels and a giant engine that a person has to maintain balance on is "street legal," but then things like this aren't.
This reminds me of a quote from my grandfather. "I'm not getting on anything that will go 200mph and I've got to prop up when I get off of it".

Back
Top Bottom