• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone raising purple martin gourds?

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Sith Dark Lord
247   0
Reaction score
Looking for martin gourds for my father. He has been passionate about his birds all my life and has several hangers that he needs gourds. I know there are various places to order the plastic ones from, but they are cost prohibited considering the quantity that he needs (25-50). Would really like to find someone close to Newnan that grew some gourds and have no use for them...

Unfinished-Birdhouse-1.125-Inch.png

i realize probably too late for this years crop of martins but in the Market Bulletin there is Jimmy McDonald in Sylvester, Ga that advertises all types of gourds. 229-777-0444

Gowning up I always helped my grandmother drill holes , paint and hang hers. Kept 70 or so on two lines by the pond. She always kept a supply of them drying in barn. I wish i had saved the seeds to keep it going. We put up those stupid plastic barns martin houses but they dont like them as much as a real gourd.
good luck with it.
brian

If you're willing to come to Jasper Co., I may be able to help. I believe my wife has a trash bag or two left over from last year. Let me know if you want me to check.

Back
Top Bottom