• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone running the Griffin Armament AR-SOB?

Yeah I've got a couple of different gas busting charging handles, and they all do ok but nothing RTV and/or drilling the charging handle doesn't do.

I prefer handling the gas at the bolt, and I have the LMT eCarrier and the Rubber City Armory Adjustable gas key. I prefer the LMT because, you don't have to do anything except shoot. The RCA and Gemtech have settings. I have the RCA on a hunting AR, and it's set for a particular ammo type. It works as advertised.

I've never touched the buffer on any of my ARs, except 9mm, but if I did I'd be looking at something that would reduce the sproing noise and nothing else.

Yeah I've got a couple of different gas busting charging handles, and they all do ok but nothing RTV and/or drilling the charging handle doesn't do.

I prefer handling the gas at the bolt, and I have the LMT eCarrier and the Rubber City Armory Adjustable gas key. I prefer the LMT because, you don't have to do anything except shoot. The RCA and Gemtech have settings. I have the RCA on a hunting AR, and it's set for a particular ammo type. It works as advertised.

I've never touched the buffer on any of my ARs, except 9mm, but if I did I'd be looking at something that would reduce the sproing noise and nothing else.

So for your 5.56 SBR what buffer are you running?

I'll look into the LMT BCG

Ah ok. Hey I saw somewhere that LMT doesn't recommend those Enhanced BCG for barrels shorter than 14.5". You ever hear about that?

No if I remember correctly, it was recommended for a specific setup, then people started running them in suppressed SBRs.

I've been running mine in my LMT 10.5" for around 5 years. Never had even one hiccup. It's almost as good as an AK - almost. ;)

Going to resurrect this thread. Has anyone tried out any of these products yet? I know I said I was going to try a bunch but never got around to it and now I'm looking at these same parts again. The Griffin buffer and perhaps the Gemtech BCG.

Anyone running the SNACH? I brought a Geissele handle and didnt notice any decreased gas to my face. Wondering if the SNACH was any better.

I've got one, just because I had a coupon for their e-store a while ago.

I really don't notice any difference between that and the stock FN charging handle as far as gas-in-the-face goes, but since I mainly shoot indoors I think most of my 'problem' is gas coming out the ejection port and bouncing off the wall of the shooting bay. It may be a whole different story outdoors.

10.5" sbr running a lmt carrier with voodoo innovations bcg and the griffin armament ar-sob, smooth like butter but then again I haven't shot many ar's. built it with many parts in mind and so far so good, hoping to, if financially able to, run a carbine course with it

Ok so I'm still a newb when it comes to terms and building stuff but isn't the carrier (LMT) part of the BCG?

Back
Top Bottom