• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone shoot the 4.5" barrel version of the MPX?

It's easier than you would expect. I zeroed mine at 11 yards as that is a common distance inside my house. This gun is my home defense weapon and I wanted it to be most precise at those distances. With an 11 yard zero and the EXPS3 you are 7" high at 75 yards and 7.5" low at 150 yards. So you just hold at the top or bottom of the 8" plate from 5 all the way out to 150 yards.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Still impressive hitting that far out with 9mm.

Mine is 4" (and suppressed) and it can make hits on 8" steel out to 200 yards with 147 grain subs and an EOTech. I can hit C-zone off hand at 150 with it. Once I get to 200 it requires a rest and the distortion of the dot with my astigmatism needs a magnifier, but those without that issue have no problems ringing it @ 200 with just the EOTech. FWIW, I found it to be no less accurate at that range than the Q Honey Badger 300 BLK running subs, but it is a whole lot heavier...
View attachment 1408866

How did you get a 4" barrel?

How did you get a 4" barrel?
Chop-chop. If I had to do it again I would go to 5 in and then run the suppressor in the short configuration. 4 inch with the long configuration makes for much more blow back then in the short configuration. 4 inch with the short configuration is fine too however that required an 8 inch handguard and I didn't feel like I could get my support hand out far enough for my liking.

The factory 4.5" barrels are a pretty penny for sure. I think Sig's website had them originally listed around $600. Crazy.
Probably better buying someone else's take off 8 inch and having it cut down.

Chop-chop. If I had to do it again I would go to 5 in and then run the suppressor in the short configuration. 4 inch with the long configuration makes for much more blow back then in the short configuration. 4 inch with the short configuration is fine too however that required an 8 inch handguard and I didn't feel like I could get my support hand out far enough for my liking.

Ah ok. Who did you have to do the cut?

You would probably lose suppression, everything is a give and take. A little more blowback, a little less report or vice versa

Ah ok. Who did you have to do the cut?

You would probably lose suppression, everything is a give and take. A little more blowback, a little less report or vice versa
Correct. But I don't get all butt hurt over dB numbers. I prefer the gun to perform reliably and suppression is second. It's not like going from long configuration to short configuration is going to mean the difference between someone hearing the gun go off and not. I've never put a meter on it but to my ear the wipe means more to the Sound Reduction than the extra baffles. I'm sure that's not actually the case but my point is it's close enough it doesn't matter. Maybe I could see myself becoming a dB nerd on subsonic rimfire but that still hasn't happened yet either. If it keeps my ears from hurting and raises my awareness of everything around me, I'm all good.

Back
Top Bottom