• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone trading AK's for ar15s?

Canted sights, canted gas blocks, 2x4 furniture, heavy as a boat anchor. What's not to love about an AK?
I just love the premier location of the safety - it's just so intuitive. Also a huge fan of the excellent sight radius and modularity of the weapons system. The leaf sights might scream 1891, but the parkerized finish is about as 20th century as you could ask for!

Ar's are dime a dozen. Can get quality AR's for $1k new. Easy. Bushy's are at the lower end of the spectrum of AR's. Probably looking at WASR's and similar on trades.

Personally, I don't see any AK being worth $1k or above. I've had em and was not impressed in the least.

id agree it'd take a special one to be over 1k but I wouldn't mind spending that kinda money to have my old non FIME arsenal back

I think we will see a growth in US made AKs (like PSA). If we are lucky PSA will do to the AK market what they did to the AR market. I project it'll take 4 uninterupted years (no sandy hooks, etc) and a super pro President. Fingers crossed!

I think we will see a growth in US made AKs (like PSA). If we are lucky PSA will do to the AK market what they did to the AR market. I project it'll take 4 uninterupted years (no sandy hooks, etc) and a super pro President. Fingers crossed!
I admire your optimism!

Although I never cared for them either, I do think that they were an excellent value back when they were still being imported and were CHEAP. Heck, I remember back when Roses department stores had Norinco SKS's for $89!
I worked there when they did. And the Mosin 91\30s were $49.00 on sale every Sunday. They were covered in enough Cosmoline for 5 rifles. And the damn customer never wanted the first one I unboxed . So I'd have to handle half a dozen of them greasy sumbitches before finding the right one.

As far as AKs and ARs go I say keep the Bushmaster and bite the bullet and buy an AK. I traded a Stag factory AR for a Yugo M70 last year but probably wouldn't be able to do that same deal again considering the glut of ARs in the market now. Y'all just sit back and watch. Pretty soon we will see ads with ARs that were "Thrown in on a trade deal." like a Hi Point or an pump shotgun used to be. Anyway I say why not have both?
1484173520595-769728213.jpg

IMG_3458.JPG
IMG_4193.JPG
My evil twins. I call them Cain and Abel. The Draco is still priced right but far from a historical AK. You can dig up some old Romanian pics with some unit rocking them but as a functional AK it's rock solid. Both guns base cost me around 600ish (minus the warden and optics, and upgraded Plum furniture) the Paki Tape - Priceless

Back
Top Bottom