• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone tried Nutrisystem to lose weight?

A second on the low-carb/paleo/keto, whatever the cool kids are calling it.

But it takes a ton of discipline. The idea is to get your body to burn fat, not carbs.

It's a protein and fat heavy diet. Protein usually means fish/chicken/ham/meat and we all know those aren't cheap. Have to avoid breads/potatoes and beer. And of course sweets.

Lots of good low carb cook books out there if you are interested.

I have actually found a secret that is 100% guaranteed to work. Please don't repeat this anywhere as the diet industry (aka "big diet") is a multi billion dollar industry and there are very powerful forces at work there. Please read the following in a very quiet voice... almost a 'whisper'.... ok... here it is....

Expend less calories everyday than you burn. This message will self destruct in 10 seconds....

Lots of people have had success (obviously) with Atkins (by any name) if you need to follow a formal "plan" or most any other if you follow it. Otherwise, basically cut out anything 'white' in your diet, eat more fiber and less processed garbage and move a lot more. Your heart thanks you. :yo:

My brothers ex-wife tried it a few years ago. I think she tried one meal and gave the rest away to our other brother. I tried a couple of different things from it. Had to be the most bland tasting food I've ever tried. The little cookies they had tasted like someone patted them out of wet sand. I figure the way it helps you lose weight is you just don't eat as much because you can't stand the taste. To be fair though, this was about ten years ago so they may have improved.

I have actually found a secret that is 100% guaranteed to work. Please don't repeat this anywhere as the diet industry (aka "big diet") is a multi billion dollar industry and there are very powerful forces at work there. Please read the following in a very quiet voice... almost a 'whisper'.... ok... here it is....

Expend less calories everyday than you burn. This message will self destruct in 10 seconds....

Lots of people have had success (obviously) with Atkins (by any name) if you need to follow a formal "plan" or most any other if you follow it. Otherwise, basically cut out anything 'white' in your diet, eat more fiber and less processed garbage and move a lot more. Your heart thanks you. :yo:

That sounds easy but people like me and bypass are broken up and cant really do that. It's hard on the soul when your body turns to ****.

Kinesiology is my field of study I would say keto as well. The logic behind it is basically forcing your body to burn fat as a fuel source which in turns will help you lose weight. Just my 2 cents high protein and fat. Many people just use protein shakes as a meal replacement to start. So your breakfast would be a protein shake.

Back
Top Bottom