• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone use a single pin...?

Sad to say I'm the black sheep here... Spot Hogg 4 on my Creedxs and I love it, nothing against single pins just never really shot with one much. I'm sure if I really tried I'd get used to it but it's too late this year to be switching up

I have a HHA single pin that came as an extra sight with a Mathews Outback I bought for my son. I've been wanting to try it out but I like the Trophy Ridge 5 pin sight I have on my Switchback. I think I'm gonna have to wait till after deer season before I try it out though.

Sad to say I'm the black sheep here... Spot Hogg 4 on my Creedxs and I love it, nothing against single pins just never really shot with one much. I'm sure if I really tried I'd get used to it but it's too late this year to be switching up
I owned a Bear that came with a 5 pin on it and I shot it fine. I just naturally shoot better with a single pin. Im a firm believer that if it ain't broke don't fix it.

My daughter on the other hand has a hard enough time judging distance, let alone hold over. I set her up with a 3 pin so I can tell her "2nd pin" or whatever.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

I've got an HHA single pin on one of my bows and I like it a lot. I like how much more open it is than a multi pin sight. The one problem I had with it was forgetting to change the yardage setting when practicing from multiple distances. Its not such a big deal when hunting, most modern bows shoot pretty flat out to 40 yds and you can just leave it set at 30 yds and not be off by more than a couple inches. One thing to keep in mind is HHA puts the pin size in the model number, so a 5510 uses a .010 and a 5519 uses a .019. If you have any vision problems at all, you might not want the .010 pin.

I have always used one pin

www.fordtruckclub.net_forum_photopost_files_1_5_bow.jpg

I've used a HHA single pin for going on about 6 or 7 years now. I use the .019 size pin & like the hood that allows me to adjust the brightness of the pin itself.

Typically I set my sight for 28 yards and that gives me a shot from 10 yards (being a little high) to 37 yards (being a little low) and since I try to keep my shots at 35 yards or under that works well for me. Kind of like "point blank" set up of a rifle scope but 1/10th the distance. :-)

I've found making sure you have the right peep size for your sight is really helpful OR adjusting your sight out from the riser so it fits your peep so you get almost matching circles. Most single pins housings are smaller than multi-pin housings.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom