• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone using a SimpliSafe Security System?

Just be aware that Simplisafe is both very basic and proprietary. I think they GGP have about as much integrity as a starving hyena... the tout "no contract", but sell you a system that can't be reused by anyone else...you either pay them to use it, or start over with someone else if the can't or won't do what you want. Plus, they kept having to change their ads when the first started because they were getting caught in lies.

Full disclosure: I'm in the low voltage industry, and have never owned a Simplisafe. I have talked to customers who were disappointed by the system.

I used the adhesive to put the sensors up and at random times it would drop a sensor to the floor. Since the control panel was "simple" it never would tell you which sensor was faulted so it was a walk through to find which one was the problem. But if it dropped one while you were not home, there was no way to fix it. I pulled out of the garage once and used the key fob to set the alarm. But I decided to double check with the celphone and couldn't get logged into it for an hour and a half. When I FINALLY got the system to show up on the phone it was still off.

Even after replacing the adhesive with the screws I still had a few sensor issues and NEVER got the communications to stabilize. After three weeks of incessant fighting with it, I called Simplisafe and they offered me a full refund. I replaced it with a Honeywell, Lynx 7000. Put in more sensors, 2 pan tilt cameras, have COMPLETE celphone control over it AND my thermostat via Zwave(more Zwave devices to come), and LOVE it.

I picked up a local company for my Newnan property and it's pretty legit.

Multiple sensors, glass break sensors, window tampers, motion sensors, and a detailed zone control panel... $40 per month and I own the system and can remove and install at another site later if needed...

It's a commercial set up without cameras as I already have 4 dvrs and plenty of cameras to cover every square inch.

Simplisafe is cellular based so yes if cell service sux in your area it probably won't work well but no other cell based will either. As far as the sensors go, you can set it up to show which sensor is which (that's up to you to do because the sensor doesn't know where you've placed it...duh). If that sensor is triggered, whatever you have named it will show up on your alert i.e. Kitchen window, back door, etc. it too can be removed and taken with you when you move. I put all mine up with the self adhesive strips supplied but wiped down the area they were going with rubbing alcohol first. They are still in place after 5 years and none have come loose. As far as contracts...none you pay nothing or monthly. there are three options. 1) no monthly fee but not monitored. 2) monthly fee for just monitoring $14.99 I think and 3) monitored but with interaction $24.99 per month I think. Which means you can establish multiple passwords, identify each sensor, access from smart phone, etc.

Back
Top Bottom