• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone using Long Shot for 9mm 124GR FMJ's? How about .40 S&W?

Scorched and blackened cases is most likely an indication of low pressure. Not enough to force the brass against the chamber wall to seal the gas in.

Rosewood

There's that, and then there's the problem associated with slower burning powders: blow-back in addition to muzzle flash.
Heck, I have seen the "sooty" cases in cheap 9mm commercial loads.

Clarke123...as i recall, the berretta is a 5" barrel. If i were loading that round...i would be right at 5.1 to 5.3. I looked at my 115gr loads for longshot...i like it at 5.6 to 5.7.

Since it takes more powder to push a lighter round...no way i would have loaded 124gr to 5.8.

As for crimp...i use hornady dies. I like the seat and crimp in one.

I loaded my longshot to 1.100 and 1.125. Both feeds well

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I know u dont care for powder Discussion but...im kist gonna add that...someone gave me some solo1000 and i was hooked. Since they dont make solo1000 anywhere anymore...ive found 700x as a perfect replacement. I load 124 LRN exclusively with that. Ive yet to find an equal.

I know u dont care for powder Discussion but...im kist gonna add that...someone gave me some solo1000 and i was hooked. Since they dont make solo1000 anywhere anymore...ive found 700x as a perfect replacement. I load 124 LRN exclusively with that. Ive yet to find an equal.

Looking at the load data on the 700X it looks just like Tight Group's load data. I know that Tight Group works great in my 9's.
I glad to know that there is an alternative to my Tight Group and Universal loads that I use in 9's.

700x and solo1000 are aboutbthe best ive seen in 9mm. Very soft shooting and low recoil. I have lots of titegroup. I just dont like em any more after using 700x

Where is Power Pistol sold in the Macon, Perry,Warner Robins Area. I cant find it.
Haven't seen it in a while. Last time I bought some, i think I got it at Bass Pro at an inflated price. For some reason Alliant powders have been hard to find lately. Hodgdon/IMR/Winchester is back in stock everywhere, but Alliant is still far and few between. Seems like I saw some at BPS a few weeks ago, but I can't remember for sure. I do know they had Unique and Blue Dot.

BPS has it in stock online. You can ship to store for free. $29.99 isn't too bad for it I don' t think.
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/alliant-powder-power-pistol-smokeless-pistol-powder
Webpage does indicate they have some in stock at the store now.

Rosewood

Back
Top Bottom