• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone using Superbox TV?

Seems scammy to me.

The phone-like-hardware-as-a-tv-streamer I get. That opens up a world of subscription and app services on the Android platform.

But the included "free" channels...where are the subscription fees due to the owners of those channels? I suspect something nefarious is happening here, and the Superbox customers will soon be left with a fancy, phone like device that delivers over-the-air broadcast channels via IP and some pay per view content, along with a handy interface for their paid streaming services.

Oh, and you can be sure the back end of the Superbox infrastructure is selling your watching data to the highest bidder. Not that everyone else isn't, but that's probably key to whatever their real business model is.

Meh, just setup my own Plex server and pirate everything I want to watch. 2gbit att fiber internet helps with that.

The packets go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

1675997005145.png

Most likely a collection of free open-source software on "box" that you could buy yourself without their logo on it from Amazon for much less. "Android" devices like that start about $40 and go up from there. Most likely they're all going to come with bloatware and ample malware tracking software in the questionable Android builds (including the "SuperBox TV".

Back
Top Bottom