• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone want to know what strong is...

bbarie

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
85   0
Reaction score
This is my daughter...

Well it’s been a long day, but by god’s will, we still have hope. Since getting back from the wonderful honeymoon, I’ve pretty much had non stop fevers and pain. Today, Dr. Barnado confirmed a sinking thought that this is “just lupus”. So, in an effort to avoid steroids at all costs (because we think I’ve got a stomach ulcer at the moment), we tweaked meds yet again. We are doubling my oral “chemo” type med and increasing my medicine for pericarditis prevention/treatment. Fingers crossed this gets things under control because I’m not the biggest fan of plan B (switching infusion drugs).

God sat with me in my car ride up here and let me have a little pity party in his company. I cried it out to some “it’s hard, but it will be okay” Christian music and quite literally screamed out all of my frustrations to him. And you know what? He listened. I have a little hope that someday soon I will wake up without the extreme exhaustion and deep ache in my bones. He’s got this, I just need to trust him a little more.

Would trade places in a heartbeat, and in the meantime only pray to be as strong as she is.

Back
Top Bottom