• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anything ever creepy or scary happen to you while camping/hunting?

I've got another from VA. I was hunting a wma area on the Fort Lewis mnt. range north of Roanoke VA sitting in a climbing stand 20' up a tree. I had been sitting there since before sunrise and I kept hearing a strange unidentifiable noise from the surrounding area. At 10:30 am I swear a gray monkey came cruising through the tree tops 20 yards in front of me. I wish i would have shot it for proof because I have friends back home who still make fun of me for my monkey story.

Sleeping with a skank, eh?
dwayne-the-rock-johnson-shazam-movie-black-adam.gif

Let the record show I was referring to these lil guys...
FPTUV1VG3CAPQUI.RECT2100.jpg

I had to clear all these Fiddler crabs out and make it back to the ferry at 645 am. Almost had to wait for the afternoon one as I was running late.

Let the record show I was referring to these lil guys...
View attachment 1408868
I had to clear all these Fiddler crabs out and make it back to the ferry at 645 am. Almost had to wait for the afternoon one as I was running late.
Wow. I can see how those may be a little irritating on the ole "gear"!

I was Hog Hunting with @That AR Guy up in North GA and we had a bobcat climb a tree behind us and start "barking". We started having that feeling that we were being hunted & we promptly high tailed it out of the woods. That night cost us time and money for new undies :dizzy:

Back
Top Bottom