• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anything ever creepy or scary happen to you while camping/hunting?

We have an old farm house (late 1800s early 1900s) in the dead center of our hunting property, story has it a young boy drowned in a pond not far from the old house a very long time ago and he's a ghost that wanders the property (can't confirm if it really happened) So a couple years ago on my first hunt there during turkey season I was walking past the old house around dusk on my way back to our house and I hear a loud noise inside the old house and out flies a buzzard as I'm shouldering my gun. Not so much weird but creeped me out especially being my first time there.

Back in 1996 I was camping on the shore of Lake Allatoona and it was about 1030 at night and I was sleeping alone in my tent when all of a sudden I was gang raped by Nine girls of the Swedish rowing team. When I got home I told my ex-wife and she asked me if I reported it to the police. I said no but I called everyone else that I knew and told them about it. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Was on a survival trip in the mid 80's near Watauga Lake in E.Tn when I was a teenager, a black bear walked thru our camp on the first night. We woke up and found where it had went from shelter to shelter. I don't like anything that can eat me

I was retrieving a lock on tree stand from the woods at about midnight (it's a long story why that was happening) with my oldest daughter and a friend of hers when a barred owl let out with an incredibly loud cackle/laugh almost right on top of us. We were resting at the time and had turned off all the lights to conserve batteries and it was absolutely black. You honestly could not see your hand in front of your face.

I jumped pretty good and my daughter said she did too, but her friend, who had almost no experience in the woods and was along just for the adventure of it, had no idea what it was and had dropped to the ground, wrapped herself around my daughters feet and was laying there whimpering in fear.

The poor girl was absolutely traumatized. Me and my daughter laughed for so long and so hard we could hardly breath.

Well now I want to hear the story on why you stole someone's deerstand in the middle of the night....:boink:
The very short version is that I was leaving the club because of what the new land owners had done to the property and I had no other time available to get the several stands I had there back.

Fishing? Fishing with a friend on his boat at night in the ocean. I was up the front, wind screen had a section that hinged out, an I was sitting on the bow with my rod, half asleep cause I wasn't sharing the driving duties and had had a few. Heard this loud ripping, cracking sound and then silence. I've yelled out "hey, whats going on", no answer. Couldn't see the back of the boat because of the canvas bimini attached to the windscreen. Climbed back through, an my mate is just standing there, white as a ghost, eyes bugging out of his head an shaking like a madman. It took a few minutes to get what had happened out of him, an I'm so hyped up by this stage cause he's a no pushover, an I could just feel danger seeing him like that.........so while I'm sitting up the front, nice an relaxed with my one rod, he's down the back with three or four rods in holders an working the "berley", fishing seriously. He'd put a pvc pipe on the back with lots of holes in it, an was dropping fish heads, guts etc in an mashing them up to create a slick to bring the fish in. Anyway, as he's mashing, a shark apparently bigger than the boat, has come up out of nowhere an ripped the berley tube of the back of the boat, coming within inches of his hand. It was a 17 foot boat to give some size relation. Thinking about it later I was glad that he'd done such a dodgy job on the berley tube with his flimsy homemade bracket, cause you wouldn't want jaws swimming of with your transom. I'll never forget his shock, and for me I've thought and pondered many times about being so close yet oblivious to such a powerful force.

Me and a buddy and his son were camping midweek at our club in Meriwhether. About 1 in the morning the police were banging on our camper doors waking us up. Apparently someone repeatedly dialed 911 from the president of our clubs camper which had a landline since cell service sucked. We were the only ones there. Made a pot of coffee and stayed up the rest of the night.

Back
Top Bottom