• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anything ever creepy or scary happen to you while camping/hunting?

Let the record show I was referring to these lil guys...
View attachment 1408868
I had to clear all these Fiddler crabs out and make it back to the ferry at 645 am. Almost had to wait for the afternoon one as I was running late.

i use to do research in the salt marshes around brunswick and people would never believe me when i told them how many of those little guys were out there. It was literally impossible not to step on at least some while walking through

and as for mine lets just say you hear lots of strangness in Dawesonville WMA and with the old reactor around it makes for a super spooky time everytime we go.

but for more fun stories, here ya go and your welcome. there are 3 more after this one you can listen to as well

Earlier this year I found out that I walked in the woods opening morning of rifle season with a body that had been dumped very close to my truck. Glad I didn't see it but it freaked me out a little getting a call from a homicide detective while heading out of the woods.

During Night Land Nav at Ft. Benning in 2012 during basic training, the group I was with ran into some hogs. We were "lost" and thought some of out guys were playing a prank. We heard the grunting and took off running!

I was at Scout camp this summer, and was waken at 1:30 AM by a new scout saying he was having a heart-attack... it was the first night and the poor kid was already homesick. I put him back to bed in his tent, and crawled into my bunk. Little did I know I was the 3rd adult he woke, and not the last...

Fishing? Fishing with a friend on his boat at night in the ocean. I was up the front, wind screen had a section that hinged out, an I was sitting on the bow with my rod, half asleep cause I wasn't sharing the driving duties and had had a few. Heard this loud ripping, cracking sound and then silence. I've yelled out "hey, whats going on", no answer. Couldn't see the back of the boat because of the canvas bimini attached to the windscreen. Climbed back through, an my mate is just standing there, white as a ghost, eyes bugging out of his head an shaking like a madman. It took a few minutes to get what had happened out of him, an I'm so hyped up by this stage cause he's a no pushover, an I could just feel danger seeing him like that.........so while I'm sitting up the front, nice an relaxed with my one rod, he's down the back with three or four rods in holders an working the "berley", fishing seriously. He'd put a pvc pipe on the back with lots of holes in it, an was dropping fish heads, guts etc in an mashing them up to create a slick to bring the fish in. Anyway, as he's mashing, a shark apparently bigger than the boat, has come up out of nowhere an ripped the berley tube of the back of the boat, coming within inches of his hand. It was a 17 foot boat to give some size relation. Thinking about it later I was glad that he'd done such a dodgy job on the berley tube with his flimsy homemade bracket, cause you wouldn't want jaws swimming of with your transom. I'll never forget his shock, and for me I've thought and pondered many times about being so close yet oblivious to such a powerful force.

I was off Cape Cod, reeling in a big stiper, and a 18Ft Great White appeared under the boat, fatter than the width of the boat, right as I was reaching in the water to grab the fish. I had both elbows in the water and was wondering why a submarine was so close the boat, then I realized it was a massive shark.

Back
Top Bottom