• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Apocalyptic tools.

I watched the video of Dick Proenneke building his cabin in Alaska with an axe, draw knife, hand saw and hand auger and mentally added them all to my collection for such an event.

I have a *****in hand saw with 3/8" teeth and a couple great axes. It's the fine detail stuff I need.

The only though I have outside of this is that it's somewhat easy to support power tools with other means such as a mini hydroelectric source or solar. That doesn't make these things obsolete, but might mean that you put them down while you have battery power.

I still have that series of Proenneke on my DVR. I was fascinated when I first saw that. One helluva man.

View attachment 2030001

Picked these up not long ago and just cleaned them up. I sold my house and now looking for some cheap land to start a homestead. Plan to put these to use and try to build a cabin hopefully this year. I got hatchets, machetes, axes and log saws. Just bought a few full steel shovels as well and a commercial 3 basin kitchen sink. So far so good!

That wild.
I have all those exact drills myself.
They come in handy when you don’t feel like fumbling around with batteries and looking for your power tools.
My wife actually uses them more than I do.
She grew up on a farm and used all that stuff as a kid.
You should see their barn that these Germans built about 160 years ago....it should stand another 150 years if a tornado doesent take it out.

Have a bunch more, but here's two I still need to clean up.
20190303_203617.jpg
20190303_203623.jpg

Back
Top Bottom