• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Apparent new ups policy...NO FIREARMS PARTS SHIPPING UNLESS FROM HUB

The Bandit

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
112   0
Reaction score
So I sold some mags to a guy on gunbroker. Guy was from North Dakota and after researching, confirmed there were no restrictions for magazines there. I go to the ups store today to ship it out and a friendly girl packages it up and talks a little guns with me. I hear the guy on the phone in the back whisper something and then say "tell him". She walks over to me and informs me that the guy in the back says they cannot ship my mags. Probably my mistake in the first place for not boxing it up before hand and just shipping but I had them in a Kroger bag in the car so I wouldn't forget and was strapped for time. The guy comes over as shes telling me this and I ask him why as iv shipped loads of mags and gun parts from ups store before. I know the new stuff about ammo and guns and such about going to the hub. Anyways he gives me some BS saying that they legally cant ship them because of homeland security and blah blah blah. I decide to leave and go get a hair cut. While waiting I called the ups customer service and asked them about this new found "policy" as I know there are no laws against it. They told me I was in the right and to go back up there and if the guy who im assuming was the manager has a problem, for him to call them. Well I end up back up there with my package of mags and he gets on the phone. He talks to customer service for 10 or 15 minutes and then gives me the phone. They proceed to inform me of their new policy that they will not ship ANY firearms parts unless its done through the hub or going to a dealer. No person to person transactions. I ask them if they were doing this because of some law that was not in place and they made up or if it was just a new policy and they told me it was new policy. I haven't found anything online but wanted to post it. I was talking to a supervisor at corporate btw and was told what the customer service associate told me on the phone earlier about it being ok, was incorrect. Pissed me off something awful though.

Guess what . I just had a very similar thing happen. UPS "transfered" my packages to the post office for delivery. Only one has shown. I asked the UPS guy that comes by our shop and he did not really want to answer , told me what I needed to know. They have no problem shipping ammo though.

If it's just mags, why not ship USPS priority? Or is there a "New" regulation on that too?
I just don't get these companies doing all they can to screw us, but hey, it's their house man.

I did call usps and they guy talked guns with me a good bit and said he didn't know of any policy and couldn't find one. i didn't ship it usps because there was a long line and ups was on the way home.

That's f*#@ed up! I worked for UPS for 15 years, part time loading trucks and full time as a driver. The ammount of illegal stuff (drugs, money for drugs, etc..) that is shipped through the system is unreal. We would find these items on a regular basis due to boxes being damaged or problems with addresses. If I were you, I would package the mags myself, go to another store, and have no worries. On the description of goods write something like Magpul adaptors or just leave it blank. Every package is automatically insured for up to $100. Anything over $100 has to have a declared value and a pretty good description of the item to get paid back due to loss or damage. I really hate you had all of that hassle.

That's f*#@ed up! I worked for UPS for 15 years, part time loading trucks and full time as a driver. The ammount of illegal stuff (drugs, money for drugs, etc..) that is shipped through the system is unreal. We would find these items on a regular basis due to boxes being damaged or problems with addresses. If I were you, I would package the mags myself, go to another store, and have no worries. On the description of goods write something like Magpul adaptors or just leave it blank. Every package is automatically insured for up to $100. Anything over $100 has to have a declared value and a pretty good description of the item to get paid back due to loss or damage. I really hate you had all of that hassle.

i ended up just going to the hub. there was no wait and they were more than happy to take it. at this point i was just tired and wanted to go home.

I won't say I told you so, but I did say this time aint like all the times before. They are using the largest tool they have. Investors.
Institutional investors i.e. city,county,school districts, Unions etc. are the largest group of investors in the market. The anti-gun f*^%tards are using the leverage of thier substantial investments to extort companies to change policy. Check out the story on Freedom Group and why it is up for sale. California teachers union via Calpers threatened to move thier 758 million in investments to another investment firm.

Back
Top Bottom