• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

apparently all tv gun show hosts are idiots

Why are "Reality" shows so out of touch with reality?:noidea:

They are scripted.

Pretty much all of them. The only one I ever got into was Deadliest Catch. Not that it wasn't somewhat scripted, but there was actual danger involved. That high seas crap ain't no joke-yo!

They are scripted.

Pretty much all of them. The only one I ever got into was Deadliest Catch. Not that it wasn't somewhat scripted, but there was actual danger involved. That high seas crap ain't no joke-yo!

no kidding. that was the one show that always stood separate to me. those guys were all genuine badasses and I know I never would have wanted to trade places with them.

no kidding. that was the one show that always stood separate to me. those guys were all genuine badasses and I know I never would have wanted to trade places with them.

Me neither.

Hard work.

Capt. Phil was awesome. The show wasn't as good after he died.

I remember seeing the special they did on his life. He went and worked a boat for free one season. The next season they had him back for a full deckhand share. He made something like 130k that season-and that was the mid 70s. Imagine that freaking money back then! Probably twice what most doctors made.

Oh Boy, American Guns/Red Jacket, where to start..

As 50% of the people here noted, it's not reality TV. It's drama made TV for everything situation. All you guys in the Armed Forces know that 99% of the job is mundane busy work and the 1% is actually exciting (actually closer to 1% of the 1% is exciting). That formula doesn't really change for any other industry. TV produces have to spice everything up, combine that with dumbf**ks and you get what we are seeing now.

Red Jacket were know for AK/Fal builds back in the day. They were also one of the first to actually make replica Russian AK cans which is what made me look into suppressors in the first place. I really wanted a authentic can for my AKs but I ended up going with Yankee Hill because of the modern design. A few years later I turned on the TV and saw they were getting a show. I couldn't finish the episode.

American Guns, I never bothered to watch. The fustercluck was inevitable. The mom and daughter were hot, but would have been hotter if they weren't 25% giraffe. Geez, have you seen those necks?

As 50% of the people here noted, it's not reality TV. It's drama made TV for everything situation. All you guys in the Armed Forces know that 99% of the job is mundane busy work and the 1% is actually exciting (actually closer to 1% of the 1% is exciting). That formula doesn't really change for any other industry. TV produces have to spice everything up, combine that with dumbf**ks and you get what we are seeing now.

Red Jacket were know for AK/Fal builds back in the day. They were also one of the first to actually make replica Russian AK cans which is what made me look into suppressors in the first place. I really wanted a authentic can for my AKs but I ended up going with Yankee Hill because of the modern design. A few years later I turned on the TV and saw they were getting a show. I couldn't finish the episode.

American Guns, I never bothered to watch. The fustercluck was inevitable. The mom and daughter were hot, but would have been hotter if they weren't 25% giraffe. Geez, have you seen those necks?

Wait wait wait they have necks??

Them long necked hotties are especially appealing to some of us lucky few fellers.

Them long necked hotties are especially appealing to some of us lucky few fellers.
I don't believe You.jpg

As big of a douche as Rich was, and while the way they portrayed the rest of the family in the show may have been exploitive, I don't think that gives free license to disparage the women such as some in this thread have done.

I thought southerners were gentlemen?

As big of a douche as Rich was, and while the way they portrayed the rest of the family in the show may have been exploitive, I don't think that gives free license to disparage the women such as some in this thread have done.

I thought southerners were gentlemen?

Settle down, Francis.

(And yes. We are gentlemen. Even gentlemen have dirty, nasty, sweaty needs.... Many, many dirty needs.)

-And let's be honest. No one goes on TV looking like some members of that family unless they also have dirty, nasty, sweaty needs......

Back
Top Bottom