• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Appendix Carry Belt

Jambo

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
14   0
Reaction score
OK fellow appendix carriers, what's your favorite belt? I've got a thick synthetic leather belt now that works, but the buckle and belt really bulge out when I'm carrying. I could (and have) moved the buckle to over my side pocket to keep the front lower profile, but that just seems weird. What do you guys use for "low profile" belts?

Thanks!

OK fellow appendix carriers, what's your favorite belt? I've got a thick synthetic leather belt now that works, but the buckle and belt really bulge out when I'm carrying. I could (and have) moved the buckle to over my side pocket to keep the front lower profile, but that just seems weird. What do you guys use for "low profile" belts?

Thanks!
I have to do that belt shift thing if the Buckle is bigger than a quarter without a holster

Blue Alpha gear belt and be done
100x yes.

Even their less expensive SR belt does great with appendix carry. Ive carried a Glock 17 daily with this belt.

(I have one for sale if you're in the 40-44 range). The polymer bucket doesn't fit all belt loops.. But it fit 90% of my jeans.

Their Hybrid belt is about doubt the cost of the SR, but you will not find a finer belt. This metal bucket is smaller than most of this type on the market and will thread through 99% of pants out there.

https://bluealphagear.com/collections/belts/products/hybrid-edc-belt

upload_2018-6-1_20-21-26.jpeg

In the words of Mr. Miyagi "JC Penney."

Seriously though, for appendix carry I do not like stiff tactical belts at all. I've tried so many I gave up. I like it to have a fair amount of flex. 95% of the time I run a standard leather belt, I think it's an Ariat belt, and I situate the buckle directly over my right front pocket.

I have an idea for the perfect appendix carry belt but just don't have the time to work on it. I will sell the intellectual property for $1 million.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

'tis true.. you do want some wiggle on an appendix rig.. so it can move a tiny bit when you sit down and whatnot.. but I'd rather that motion be on the belt clip... not the belt itself.

Appendix is all about finding what works for YOU.. and it can take some trying to find the right mix of kit for your body type.

In the words of Mr. Miyagi "JC Penney."

I have an idea for the perfect appendix carry belt but just don't have the time to work on it. I will sell the intellectual property for $1 million.

Ill give you 30k and glock 22 for it right now. My pistol is like carrying a fat midget . If its too skinny it will fold.

'tis true.. you do want some wiggle on an appendix rig.. so it can move a tiny bit when you sit down and whatnot.. but I'd rather that motion be on the belt clip... not the belt itself.

Appendix is all about finding what works for YOU.. and it can take some trying to find the right mix of kit for your body type.
Yeah, I'd love to find something different that works and looks the part too but I just can't seem to find it. Perhaps it's my body type/composition, but I've been appendix carry only now for 6 years and I'm still just using a regular belt. But I'll keep my eyes open.

Yeah, I'd love to find something different that works and looks the part too but I just can't seem to find it. Perhaps it's my body type/composition, but I've been appendix carry only now for 6 years and I'm still just using a regular belt. But I'll keep my eyes open.

I like my appendix so I choose not to point firearms towards it ;-) . Im just a boring 4pm guy.

Back
Top Bottom