• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Appendix carry..

I would rather bleed out quickly than to lose my cash and prizes. Where would you suggest I carry? Serious question. I'm completely open to suggestions, because no matter where we carry IWB there is a body part exposed at some point and time.

In your hand....I suggest you just carry in your hand at all times! :)

In your hand....I suggest you just carry in your hand at all times! :)

It is true that a gun is a blunt object until it is in your hand. If I'm going to carry, I want it where I can deploy it fast, and if possible, discreet.

I have seen plenty of people carry behind the hip and when drawing, they point the gun directly at themselves as they swing it around and flag themselves. Again, any carry position requires safety and proper tactics. If you pocket carry, when you sit down, you are pointing the gun at whoever is in front of you so with your reasoning you are "pointing the gun at something you are not wanting to shoot". But if properly holstered its a non issue as is appendix/centerline carry. But if someone is uncomfortable with it they should not do it.
I'm not concerned about the weapon firing while in the holster. The danger comes during the draw. I'm a big believer in "Murphy's Law" and there have been plenty of incidents of experienced shooter having an ND during the draw.

Reactions: MRH
I'm not concerned about the weapon firing while in the holster. The danger comes during the draw. I'm a big believer in "Murphy's Law" and there have been plenty of incidents of experienced shooter having an ND during the draw.

Murphy's law is a bitch and rears its ugly head at the worst possible times. You get a like for that comment.

Guys, I'm just cations about what direction my weapon is pointing at all times. I won't carry in a horizontal shoulder holster for the same reason.

My preferred mode of carry is a Jack ass shoulder rig. I've one for my 45's and one for my Glocks. If I'm carrying a revolver it's a inverted Bianchi shoulder rig.

I would rather bleed out quickly than to lose my cash and prizes. Where would you suggest I carry? Serious question. I'm completely open to suggestions, because no matter where we carry IWB there is a body part exposed at some point and time.
The classic 3:30 is a very good position. Even though it could still get you, the area of the body exposed is a lot less lethal than practically any other situation.

The classic 3:30 is a very good position. Even though it could still get you, the area of the body exposed is a lot less lethal than practically any other situation.

I can't remember ever trying to carry from there. I simply don't like it behind my back for various reasons, or most any other place...Again, I hate IWB altogether, but I will try your suggestion and hopefully it works for me. It doesn't sound too miserably uncomfortable, and it won't be behind me.

For the record, I don't really like the 1:30 position either, but can draw fast from there and it is more comfortable than other ways I have tried.

Back
Top Bottom