• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Appendix carry..

I've been carrying a G19 AIWB for 3 years now and love it. I will never go back to 4 O'clock carry. I have shot thousands of rounds out of my carry set up in practice and in classes and feel it is MUCH safer than carrying in the back. While it may not be for everyone I feel my junk, will stay intact. Those that worry about shooting themselves in the Richard shouldn't knock it before they try it and if that were to happen you're doing it wrong anyway.

I have been very pleased carrying a early generation Hailey Strategic Incog (G-Code). They make several different version now and I own one that has a mag caddy that I use when venturing into Indian country. Great holsters in my opinion.

One thing I need to get serious about is a better IWB holster...And belt for that matter. Mine aren't terrible, but not great either.

I can't remember ever trying to carry from there. I simply don't like it behind my back for various reasons, or most any other place...Again, I hate IWB altogether, but I will try your suggestion and hopefully it works for me. It doesn't sound too miserably uncomfortable, and it won't be behind me.

For the record, I don't really like the 1:30 position either, but can draw fast from there and it is more comfortable than other ways I have tried.
The 3:30 to 4:30 position on the strong side is the most popular carry method (IWB or OWB) for good reason. If it's not comfortable to start, mess around with the positioning. There is a "sweet spot" that can vary slightly from person to person depending on your build. As in all waistline carry, the holster and belt will also have a strong effect on comfort. I carried exclusively OWB for a very long time because I simply could not get comfortable IWB. Then I changed two things. I got a Cook's holster and started buying pants one size larger. It mad all the difference in the world and I have carried IWB ever since.

Reactions: MRH
I appendix carry 80% of the time. It's a quicker deploy than 3-6 carry IWB. It also is less noticeable which is the point of concealed. It's less noticeable because people in general do not focus on the crotch area so picking up slight print is not much of a factor. Also very quick deployment while behind the wheel of the car. To remove an IWB pistol from the 4 o clock position is tough. I don't want to remove the weapon to drive to then put it back in when exiting the vehicle. If I'm appendix no need for it. Train however your gonna carry. I have a few different ones. Gearcraft are great kydex holsters made locally.

I appendix carry 80% of the time. It's a quicker deploy than 3-6 carry IWB. It also is less noticeable which is the point of concealed. It's less noticeable because people in general do not focus on the crotch area so picking up slight print is not much of a factor. Also very quick deployment while behind the wheel of the car. To remove an IWB pistol from the 4 o clock position is tough. I don't want to remove the weapon to drive to then put it back in when exiting the vehicle. If I'm appendix no need for it. Train however your gonna carry. I have a few different ones. Gearcraft are great kydex holsters made locally.

Yes. The article i posted talks about it but drawing while seated is much more easier/accessible with centerline carry. Or if you are knocked on your back, etc. Its simply more accessible and quicker than other conceal carry positions and easier to guard.

Back
Top Bottom