• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Appendix carry..

I've tried several brands/styles.
My least favorite was the sidecar type from Tier1. It was great quality and well made, but for me, it was super uncomfortable.
I've come to like the Vedder light tuck quite a bit, and find the ability to carry "off center" a bit makes it infinitely more comfortable.

I've carried AWIB for many years daily (at work also sitting and standing). I've trained and done chores (like splitting wood or yard work) in my holsters also to test durability, retention and PITA level. I EDC either a Shadow Systems MR920 or XR920 with a Streamlight TLR-1HL and RMRs mounted so no small stuff over here. Although I have AIWB carried a G42, G43, Sig P365 and P365XL also.

AIWB holsters tend to come down to body type more than anything IMO. Most of the well known companies make a good holster. Some better and more costly than others but in the end your body shape and what you've willing to adjust to pretty much determines what you'll run. You really just have to try a few styles and see what works for you. Naturally the weapon you carry will also contribute to the situation. BIG difference in carrying a Sig P365 verses a G19 with a X300 on the front AIWB.

100% for me the "wing" that pushes against your belt to help conceal the pistol grip has to be the style T-1 or T-rex uses. The other style that looks like a sideways L gets in the way of my fingers when drawing so any brand that has that style I won't even bother to try anymore

For me:
1. Tier 1 Axis elite hands down. Solid, fit is the best I've found for me. They take forever to ship and are super expensive but you get what you pay for with them. I've owned a bunch and all of them were good to go. Did have 1 crack after over 2 years daily use and they replaced it with a newer model free of charge within a week with me only sending a pic of the crack.

2. T-Rex arms side car 2.0. Not as fancy as T-1 or quite as expensive. They ship fast and make a solid holster. Just not quite as nice or as comfortable as T-1 IMO. What I tend to do is get a new pistol, order a T-1 the way I want it (4-6 week wait), order a T-Rex arms one also and have it in a week or less. Wear the T-rex until the T-1 arrives then use the T-rex as a back up.

I've had/tried most of the others including the holster only versions and carried off center but the best overall solution has been the Tier 1 stuff. Unfortunately, you'll just have to experiment with it.

I will say this also, carrying AIWB is a commitment even with a good holster. There is just a level of discomfort that you live with but the trade off is quick access to your weapon from any position or situation (including driving) and having the best shot of retention in case of an attack.

Hope this helps. Good luck. sheep dog sheep dog has a lot of holster testing he does with doing physical training. He may chime in here also.

I've carried AWIB for many years daily (at work also sitting and standing). I've trained and done chores (like splitting wood or yard work) in my holsters also to test durability, retention and PITA level. I EDC either a Shadow Systems MR920 or XR920 with a Streamlight TLR-1HL and RMRs mounted so no small stuff over here. Although I have AIWB carried a G42, G43, Sig P365 and P365XL also.

AIWB holsters tend to come down to body type more than anything IMO. Most of the well known companies make a good holster. Some better and more costly than others but in the end your body shape and what you've willing to adjust to pretty much determines what you'll run. You really just have to try a few styles and see what works for you. Naturally the weapon you carry will also contribute to the situation. BIG difference in carrying a Sig P365 verses a G19 with a X300 on the front AIWB.

100% for me the "wing" that pushes against your belt to help conceal the pistol grip has to be the style T-1 or T-rex uses. The other style that looks like a sideways L gets in the way of my fingers when drawing so any brand that has that style I won't even bother to try anymore

For me:
1. Tier 1 Axis elite hands down. Solid, fit is the best I've found for me. They take forever to ship and are super expensive but you get what you pay for with them. I've owned a bunch and all of them were good to go. Did have 1 crack after over 2 years daily use and they replaced it with a newer model free of charge within a week with me only sending a pic of the crack.

2. T-Rex arms side car 2.0. Not as fancy as T-1 or quite as expensive. They ship fast and make a solid holster. Just not quite as nice or as comfortable as T-1 IMO. What I tend to do is get a new pistol, order a T-1 the way I want it (4-6 week wait), order a T-Rex arms one also and have it in a week or less. Wear the T-rex until the T-1 arrives then use the T-rex as a back up.

I've had/tried most of the others including the holster only versions and carried off center but the best overall solution has been the Tier 1 stuff. Unfortunately, you'll just have to experiment with it.

I will say this also, carrying AIWB is a commitment even with a good holster. There is just a level of discomfort that you live with but the trade off is quick access to your weapon from any position or situation (including driving) and having the best shot of retention in case of an attack.

Hope this helps. Good luck. sheep dog sheep dog has a lot of holster testing he does with doing physical training. He may chime in here also.
Thank you for the advice. I’ve been carrying aiwb for about 3 years now. Similar set up to yours, g45 tlr-1 with an rmr. But I’ve been using the same no name holster that is starting to fall apart. I’ve been looking at some of the brands you’ve mentioned as I’d like my next holster to be something better as I’m using everyday. I’m pretty tall and lean aiwb is been the most comfortable carry position I’ve tried.

I have a 4 Brothers for my SigP365XL. I really like it.

Attachments

• 817BA0A6-E469-4F1C-B6DC-BF256828AF48.jpeg
    817BA0A6-E469-4F1C-B6DC-BF256828AF48.jpeg
    296.2 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom