• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Applebees says no guns allowed

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
109   0
Reaction score
Applebees

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My letter sent in regards to a sign on the front door.

On June 11, 2011 my family decided to try Applebees while in Albany. I was quite disturbed to read a sign on the door saying that firearms are not allowed in the establishment. I see this as asking law abiding citizens to check their rights at the door. I am wondering if this is a corporate policy or if this is the particular resturants policy.
Thank you
Rusty

Applebees reply

It is our company policy and the right of every business owner in the State of Georgia to ban firearms in their building if they so desire.

Dave Beever
Executive Area Director
AppleTwo Associates
Email: dbeever@appletwoassoc.com
Mobile: 850-322-2493 Fax: 888-909-5231
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."

My reply

Dear Mr Beever,
I am sorry to hear this is the official policy of Applebees. While the State of Georgia does give Applebees the right to strip customers of their rights. I am sorry to hear that Applebees doesnt trust its law abiding customers the right to legally carry a firearm into their establishment. I do hope that great consideration will be given regarding this matter. I hope this is not taken lightly. I hope Applebees realizes that criminals will disregard this sign because thats what criminals do. I only see this sign as an advertisement welcoming crime. I can tell you that as an honest hard working American who can legally carry a firearm in the State of Ga neither I nor my family will feel safe in your resturant. I respect your rights though you do not respect mine. I promise to never carry a firearm into your resturant. However this means my wallet will never enter either.
Thank you
Rusty

I also sent an email. Everyone should take 3 minutes to compose an original email to this gentleman. People change policies, not Beevers.

well he was pretty much of a rudeass....for sure if he wanted to keep you as a customer he would have spent more time on the letter than he did on his signature....that being said, are they doing pat downs at the door? there's a reason it's called concealed carry...

The sign is no deterent to CC, because it is only a crime if you refuse to leave after being asked to do so,I believe-someone will challenge this either way...This is reason number 47 why CC is always better than OC. By that I mean OC is awesome, but CC is simply better...

We have a applebees here in Tifton and I havn't been in there in a long time. So I don't know if they have the same sign on the door. And our Waffle Houses don't have the no firearms sign posted either.

I hate Applebees but I'm for the cause.....

Dave,

While I don't frequent Applebees and never have, I'm appalled to hear your upper management doesn't allow a law abiding citizen to carry a sidearm in their restaurant's.

You should encourage them to reconsider this silly decision....that is if you're the least bit concerned about this subject.

I'll be sure to spread the "Applebees No Carry Policy" to everyone I know at the very large corporation I work for.

Thanks, Todd

I will post up his reply if I get one......

Back
Top Bottom