• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Applebees says no guns allowed

Me also:

Since April of 2005, I have been taking my elderly grandmother to Applebee's for lunch about once a week, or 3 times a month minimum. I would also go there with my family at least twice a month (I really enjoy the chicken finger basket!) However, I have came across a very disturbing post on a web site I support. This is what I came across:

My letter sent in regards to a sign on the front door.
On June 11, 2011 my family decided to try Applebees while in Albany. I was quite disturbed to read a sign on the door saying that firearms are not allowed in the establishment. I see this as asking law abiding citizens to check their rights at the door. I am wondering if this is a corporate policy or if this is the particular resturants policy.
Thank you
Rusty

Applebees reply
It is our company policy and the right of every business owner in the State of Georgia to ban firearms in their building if they so desire.
Dave Beever
Executive Area Director
AppleTwo Associates
Email: dbeever@appletwoassoc.com
Mobile: 850-322-2493 Fax: 888-909-5231
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."

Since it is your "policy" not to allow myself (a 10 year vet and current law enforcement for 5 years) to defend myself, my family, and the rest of the innocent customers while being in your establishment, then I have decided not to frequent your franchise anymore. It is a shame that your signature block has more thought put into it than your response to someone asking about their 2nd Amendment rights.

Paul Lewis

Since the sign only applies to law abiding sheeple, count me in with the thugs and gang bangers. Color me scofflaw. If I'm in an Applebees and the poo poo hits the oscillating air displacement device, I'll be the one defending myself. Now Mr. Beever can stop worrying just about the people with criminal intent carrying guns into his restaurants and start worrying about which of the business men in suit and tie has a pistol in his waistband.

There is an applebees in carrollton I dont know if they have a no carry sighn but I will check and see but there is a waffle house in carrollton that has a no firearms allowed sighn out front and I will never go there again.

Methinks I must try a Waffle House. If they have the sign, I will advise the manager and start another thread seeking to get a bunch of emails sent to their corporate HQ. If we do enough we just might win out on one of the chains. If we fail, we went down fighting the good fight on something important to us. I sure hope everyone who reads this agrees.

Nemo

Back
Top Bottom