• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Applebees says no guns allowed

Every Taco Mac I've been to has this same sign on the door. Finally, I asked one of the managers why they don't allow firearms in their establishment. He responded that Taco Mac is considered a BAR first because the majority of their revenue comes from alcohol sales.

If that is the case, then it would be illegal for you to carry in their establishment. I would verify with your local Taco Mac establishment if this is the case. If it is, then I would advise you to stop carrying there or risk being arrested.

Just trying to watch out for ya, bro.

EDIT to add:

Just did some digging online and found that I was misinformed by a (presumably) misinformed manager. Taco Mac apparently is NOT considered a bar by state law and it is only unlawful to carry a firearm in their establishment after you've been asked to leave (in which case it is technically "trespassing" and doesn't actually have anything to do with you carrying the firearm).

So...go on ignoring the signs. Maybe it'll save your life (or one of Taco Mac's customers/employees) one day.

I was a manager at Taco Mac. They don't have those signs there for that crap. What happened was, they were seeing a lot of people carrying in the Kennesaw location, and they were having fights at the location. We had fights in most of our locations b/c we would be open till 2 or 3 am. So, the owners of Taco Mac decided to ban carrying in their stores. Though it never stops anyone, I carry whenever I eat there.

How about we all start going there and just after we are served we go OC. If they ask us to leave they just prepared food that they don't get paid for. Oops, sorry, didn't see the sign. No, I don't want a doggy bag and I didn't get to eat it so I'm not paying for it. BY!

Now that ideal I like a lot...lol...:clap2:

Here's an idea of what went out...

Mr. Beever:

I have just learned of the anti-gun policies of Applebee's restaurants. Law abiding citizens in Georgia should know that Applebees is not freedom friendly.
I don't want any part of your neighborhood, because once you let the thugs know that it's full of unarmed people...it's going ghetto.
Plus, the last time I ate there I got a burned steak.

Trust that my family of hard working Americans will never again dine under an Applebee's roof.

SJGLENN

You guys are giving me an idea. I don't like this whole "no shirt, no shoes, no service" policy. I often start taking off clothing after drinking so we'll just have to see about that. Who the &#%! do they think they are violating my rights like that??

Back
Top Bottom