• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Applebees says no guns allowed

E-mail sent:

Sir,

Freedom does come at some cost and just because one may disagree with another convictions or beliefs does not mean they should infringe upon that person’s rights. Honest citizens may or may not follow your current firearms policy as it’s a policy and not law. In making good policy it’s important to comprehend the intent and the effectiveness of that policy. Nearly all Georgia businesses allow local customary laws to govern their policy making, Applebees however with exception seems to think it can ignore law (the current conceal carry laws) and create a policy restricting individual rights and freedoms granted to honest citizens. This sir is assumed since if crime control was the true intent then there is no stronger deterrent to crime that exist than an armed honest citizen. I do understand that open carry does “spook the herd’ and gives a tactical advantage to those who would exploit it for illegal gain. For those very reasons I refuse to open carry and have legally carried concealed for over 26 years in several states and countries.

Perhaps a policy stating “no open carry of firearms” would be more appropriate and then allow Georgia law to dictate any further “policy” if you understand me clearly. I think it would serve the public and our honest citizens best. It would not deter patronage of Applebees by those who legally choose to carry a firearm and are an asset to protecting our mutual interest.

Chris Golden
U.S. Army-RET

Initial ODT reply:

“It is our company policy and the right of every business owner in the State of Georgia to ban firearms in their building if they so desire.”

Dave Beever
Executive Area Director
AppleTwo Associates
Email: dbeever@appletwoassoc.com
Mobile: 850-322-2493 Fax: 888-909-5231
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."

Last edited:
Mr. Dave Beever's reply,

E-Mail reply obtained:

I have received many responses regarding our Franchise's policy in OUR stores in South Georgia only, and I have read each and every one of them. However, your letter has struck a certain chord with me. I appreciate the delicate and sincere way you have made your argument. Your letter for some reason, has really put this issue in perspective for me. I get it! Thank you for your response. I'll keep you posted.

Dave BeeverExecutive Area DirectorAppleTwo AssociatesEmail: dbeever@appletwoassoc.comMobile: 850-322-2493 Fax: 888-909-5231"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it.Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."

Compromise just a little, use kind words and much can be accomplished. I hope the policy for Applebees is updated to respect the rights and corncerns of all.
Ramroddoc, out-

Back
Top Bottom