• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Applebees says no guns allowed

Dave Beever said:
I have received many responses regarding our Franchise's policy in OUR stores in South Georgia only, and I have read each and every one of them. However, your letter has struck a certain chord with me. I appreciate the delicate and sincere way you have made your argument. Your letter for some reason, has really put this issue in perspective for me. I get it! Thank you for your response. I'll keep you posted.

While I applaud your well-worded and articulate email to Mr. Beever, his response sounds like a "canned" response to me. He probably consulted with his PR advisers and they provided him this text and told him to use it as a generic, ready-to-go response to any further emails regarding the "no-guns-allowed" policy. This way it sounds like he is listening to our emails and is actually considering them, when in fact he is just using this email to pacify the angry "pro-gun nuts".

I wouldn't expect any change to be made. It would be like sending a "delicate and sincere" email to President Obama expressing your concern over the insane healthcare law he shoved down America's throat and expecting him to give a crap. In my experience, if someone is anti-gun, one eloquent email isn't going to get them to change their stance.

Specifically note how he emphasized "OUR stores" with all caps. As though to say, "Look....these are OUR stores, and we're gonna do whatever we want, regardless of what you think or say about our policies."

I hope I'm wrong...but I don't think our emails are going to change anything with this guy. I haven't patronized Applebee's in years because the one that I used to go to in TX suddenly posted a no-guns sign on their door. That was nearly 7 years ago. I've never been to another one since.

Last edited:
While I applaud your well-worded and articulate email to Mr. Beever, his response sounds like a "canned" response to me. He probably consulted with his PR advisers and they provided him this text and told him to use it as a generic, ready-to-go response to any further emails regarding the "no-guns-allowed" policy. This way it sounds like he is listening to our emails and is actually considering them, when in fact he is just using this email to pacify the angry "pro-gun nuts".

I wouldn't expect any change to be made. It would be like sending a "delicate and sincere" email to President Obama expressing your concern over the insane healthcare law he shoved down America's throat and expecting him to give a crap. In my experience, if someone is anti-gun, one eloquent email isn't going to get them to change their stance.

Specifically note how he emphasized "OUR stores" with all caps. As though to say, "Look....these are OUR stores, and we're gonna do whatever we want, regardless of what you think or say about our policies."

I hope I'm wrong...but I don't think our emails are going to change anything with this guy. I haven't patronized Applebee's in years because the one that I used to go to in TX suddenly posted a no-guns sign on their door. That was nearly 7 years ago. I've never been to another one since.

I think you are spot on.

I got the same feeling however I'm going to hold out hope for Mr. Beever cause quite honestly I was particularly impressed with Ramroddocs e-mail as well. It was very well worded and hard to ignore. Good job by the way Ram..

Copy of email sent :

Subject : No CCW in your restaurants?

Body :

I came across this on one of the message boards I subscribe to. I had not heard this and while my local Applebees does not sport a sign asking law abiding citizens to relent their right to defense at the door before enjoying a tasty meal, I am deeply troubled by the implication that such practice is corporate policy. I would sincerely appreciate clarification on this matter, and thank you kindly for your time.

Hopefully I get a clear, concise response. I will not spend another dollar in an Applebees establishment until I do.

I'd rather get my reheated fajitas and water-downed drafts elsewhere and move on. If you don't feel safe leaving your gun in your car while you have dinner in a room with 200 patrons in it, I think you should just stay home. Or, there are plenty of other places to eat. You guys are acting a bit overzealous if you ask me.

I'm sure people felt this way in Killeen Texas at Luby's before George Hennard arrived...........

Crapplebee's. Have always felt this way. The last time I went was for the free meal (which was ok) for Veteran's Day. And yes I was carrying a cocked and locked 1911A1 OPENLY loaded with 230gr. FMJ Ball ammo. I thought it was a befitting choice in honor of those who went before me defending Flag, Freedom, and their fellow troops with the same weapon.

I'd rather get my reheated fajitas and water-downed drafts elsewhere and move on. If you don't feel safe leaving your gun in your car while you have dinner in a room with 200 patrons in it, I think you should just stay home. Or, there are plenty of other places to eat. You guys are acting a bit overzealous if you ask me.

I guess you have never been to Albany. If you leave it in your car, there's agood chance it will be used to rob or shoot you.

The last time I went was for the free meal (which was ok) for Veteran's Day. And yes I was carrying a cocked and locked 1911A1 OPENLY loaded with 230gr. FMJ Ball ammo. I thought it was a befitting choice in honor of those who went before me defending Flag, Freedom, and their fellow troops with the same weapon.

Now that nearly brings a tear to my eye, nothing like a 1911, condition one, vigilant and ever ready to say American pride! Thank you EMC45 for your service and support.

Back
Top Bottom