• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Appleseed KD - Talladega AL - October 10-11

mikefromphilly

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
2   0
Reaction score
Appleseed Known Distance - Talladega CMP Park - Oct. 10-11

https://goappleseednow.org/?event=talladega-al-known-distance-appleseed-october-3-4-2020

I think the fees are $95 for the full weekend plus $35 for the range (don't quote me)

I love every aspect of Appleseed and recommend it to anyone who will listen. Learning about our nation's history and purpose and the sacrifices made on April 19, 1775 is needed more today than I've ever seen. When I attend, I can feel the presence of the Minutemen shooting next to me.

Appleseed offers the best rifle marksmanship training anywhere. The Alabama cadre of Appleseed instructors are top notch and Talladega CMP park is ..... quite simply HEAVEN ON EARTH and FIRST CLASS IN EVERY WAY. The took me from knowing nuttn' about rifles to being able to hit 600 yards easily (as long as I remember NPOA and follow through).

This KD was originally scheduled for Oct 3-4 but there were no hotel rooms to be had.

My longest day ever was at an Appleseed event. It was so long and drawn out that we could not get ourselves to go back the second day. I cringe just thinking about that day. Maybe the Talladega event will be better, but you couldn't pay me to find out.

My longest day ever was at an Appleseed event. It was so long and drawn out that we could not get ourselves to go back the second day. I cringe just thinking about that day. Maybe the Talladega event will be better, but you couldn't pay me to find out.

talladega you don’t have to manually change targets, they are electronic, no walking 600 yards haha. It’s a much better experience!

I should have mentioned that yes, you need to have completed the 25m Appleseed prior. The 25m Appleseed focuses on marksmanship and fundamentals. At a KD, there won't be much fundamentals training. Instead, its more application at a distance along with target detection, ranging, etc.

I found qualifying for rifleman at a 25m event 4 times harder than becoming KD qualified. For KD, they do all hits count. Meaning any hit on the target is a point. In the 25m, you need to be precise and accurate.

Back
Top Bottom