• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Appleseed Marksmanship Training near you!

Jambo

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
14   0
Reaction score
There's an Appleseed Marksmanship training event scheduled for March 4th and 5th in Martin, Georgia. That's just a short drive up 85 from Atlanta.

It's two days for $60, + a $20 range fee. You'll never find this quality of rifle marksmanship instruction for twice as much money anywhere else. $80 total for TWO DAYS of rifle marksmanship instruction.

Right now there are a LOT of spaces open. So many, in fact, that we might have to cancel the shoot if more people don't sign up. The Instructor / Student ratio will be high, so you'll get plenty of one on one instruction.

We recommend rimfires for starting out, but ANY rifle is welcome. USGI slings are recommended, but we'll have loaners if you don't have one, or we'll let you do your best with what you've got.

Get started down the path to becoming a Rifleman. Learn the skills to hit a man sized silhouette at 500 yards, without a bi-pod or rest.

We don't care what you know, or don't know. Your shooting will improve, whether you're a new shooter or been shooting for decades. Children are welcome, as long as they can listen to instruction and stay safe. Adults are welcome if they can meet the same standard!

Here's some information:
http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=755&id_event=5006

Here's how to sign up:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/martin-ga-appleseed-march-4-5-2017-tickets-29868064184

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Thanks!

Yep. It's a great program. Great for beginners to teach them the right way to hold and aim a rifle, before they develop bad habits and practice the wrong way for years before eventually getting coaching to straighten their problems out.

I shot a practice score with an AR (20", A3 iron sights) that would have earned Rifleman had it been for real, but for the real match qualification, I used a Ruger 10/22 with fancy target peep sights, and made Rifleman.

I was going to sign up for this, but my weekend just got taken away from me. Actually keen to participate in the historical aspect of it. I've been trying to learn my American history since moving to the US, I've read Boone (the biographical account), and The Great American Forest, thought this might be a more interesting, well you get to shoot guns, way to soak in a bit more. I'll keep my eye out for another date.

I need to get my daughter a 10/22 and take her to one of these. She does pretty good with a scoped AR22 but it's kinda heavy for her, and she's a bit slow with the mag changes.

I need to get my daughter a 10/22 and take her to one of these. She does pretty good with a scoped AR22 but it's kinda heavy for her, and she's a bit slow with the mag changes.

PM J Jambo . I'm sure we can arrange for something that will fit.

Don't worry about the mag changes.

Back
Top Bottom