• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Appliance repair in metro Atlanta

Marietta tony

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
121   0
Reaction score
Have an old Maytag Bravos that will not drain and spin on the regular cycle and does on drain and spin. I unplugged for 2 days and went into the program mode and reset the computer. Kids have overloaded it ALL its life but it spins and drains on other cycles so not the hub and the pump. I believe it is in the sensing mode. It will spin in high speed and level the load to do so so I dont think it is the springs. Will pay if it can be fixed quickly if not will be in free stuff for 24 hours before to the dump.

Around here we can exist with power, water, the fridge, etc. but don't have a backup for washing clothes without grandma. with the 2 extra drain and spins clothes are backing up like poop at the pound. I have 24 hours before the one who must obeyed pulls out the credit card. Help

There is a company in fayetteville called Clayton appliance. They work on all kinds of appliances and even have a sales floor. Not sure if they travel that far but its worth a shot.

Most of the newer models don't seem to clean as well or last as long as the older models.
Electronics manufacturers seem to be stuck on trying to innovate more worthless features and electronics into our appliances when most folks just want a simple machine that cleans well and is easy to repair when something does eventually break.

Speed Queen makes high quality basic models, but the wait time can be months to get one from the appliance dealers.

Second choice would be a Maytag Commercial series with the deep water option.
They are not the most energy efficient, quiet, or gentle on your cloths, but if you want a washer to scrub the mud, sweat and bbq sauce out of your work cloths then try to find one of these :)

The mfg doesn’t want machines to last anymore.
They figure about 5 yrs and you should invest another $2k in a W&D set.
Used to be any decent appliance would last 15+ yrs …..if they broke or something it wasn’t that big of a deal to get repaired, in your home, for a decent price.
Totally different times.

Not sure if he covers Marietta or not...

The mfg doesn’t want machines to last anymore.
They figure about 5 yrs and you should invest another $2k in a W&D set.
Used to be any decent appliance would last 15+ yrs …..if they broke or something it wasn’t that big of a deal to get repaired, in your home, for a decent price.
Totally different times.
Want ones that last? Speed queen! Best money I have ever spent on a washer and dryer!

Want ones that last? Speed queen! Best money I have ever spent on a washer and dryer!
Speed Queen is the answer if you replace.
Thanks gents….I will remember this. (Well, I will write it down. I cant remember squat nowadays since this seizure thing come to haunt me ! LOL 😆 )

Back
Top Bottom