• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Apply for Quota Hunts June 1st

what deer hunts are any of you putting in for?
I just put in for Ossabaw. New kid on the way, so I doubt I will be able to make many hunts this season. My brother lives close and has a boat, so should be an easy hunt to swing. No worries if I don’t get drawn, I will just cash in my points next year.

Here is a heads-up on Seminole. My gator partner drew Seminole last year with 5 points. It took that long. Due to commitments we could not both go til late in the season. The very few keepers we spotted were very spooked by then. We hunted day and night for 6-7 days. We saw far less gators than we were used to seeing in area 1 and 1A. Hydrilla kept us from a good one on day one, as both the boat and the hooks got hung up . Couldn`t set the hook due to the hydrilla. The main thing we learned from friends that live in the area is that several locals have become "guides". They know where to put their clients. They scout it out all summer. Some of the "guides" allegedly use illegal methods. Just what we are being told. My advice is to start scouting early and be there to hunt opening night. First, you have to get drawn. Good luck. Hope ya score.

Back
Top Bottom