• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Apply for Quota Hunts!

Falcon1

Eagle Icon
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
28   0
Reaction score
Quota hunts open to apply for hunts or points! I have accumulated a good bit of points the last 3 years when my wife and I started to have kids. I have 3 across the board and adding a 4th this year. Thinking I'll save them all and have some good hunts when my kids are old enough. My focus is on a bull elk tag I just drew in Colorado for the first time ever. Let's hear what you applied for if you weren't just points.

I'm trying to find out what you need to apply for a WMA Specialty Hunt. I been going thru the reg magazine and can't find anything.

what specialty?

There are specialty hunts for youth and over 65 hunters. Here's from the regs. But that's all the info they give.
H C Specialty Hunts
A Specialty Hunt is only for Youth (16 years and younger), Ladies, Disability License holders, Returning Georgia Veterans Honorary License holders and hunters over the age of 65.

Type

Dates

Allatoona WMA

Deer/Bear

Oct. 19-20 s

Beaverdam WMA

Deer

Sept. 21-27s

Berry College WMA

Deer/Bear

Jan. 4-5c

Big Lazer Creek WMA

Deer

Nov. 24-26 s Q

Bullard Creek WMA

Deer

Nov. 1-3s

Cedar Creek WMA

Deer

Nov. 26-Dec. 1 s

Clarks Hill WMA

Deer

Oct. 25-27 s

Clybel WMA

Deer

Nov. 26-Dec. 1 s

Crockford-Pigeon Mtn WMA

Deer/Bear

Oct. 19-20 c

Dawson Forest WMA

Deer/Bear

Oct. 11 – 13 c

Dukes Creek – SWSP

Deer/Bear

Oct. 18-19 s

Horse Creek WMA

Deer

Oct. 5-6 s

John’s Mountain WMA

Deer/Bear

Oct. 26-27 c

Lake Russell WMA

Deer/Bear

Oct. 11-13 c

Paulding Forest WMA

Deer/Bear

Oct. 12-13 c

River Bend WMA

Deer

Oct. 26-27 s

Rum Creek WMA

Deer

Oct. 7-13 s

West Point WMA

Deer

Oct. 18-20 s Q

Set up an online account with DNR. Then start exploring the site. You will find all you need to know.

I already did that. I haven't found anything else that explains how to apply. I'm wondering if all you need to do is sign in and hunt. I'll take a ride out and talk to someone working there in the next couple days.

I already did that. I haven't found anything else that explains how to apply. I'm wondering if all you need to do is sign in and hunt. I'll take a ride out and talk to someone working there in the next couple days.
if you qualify you sign in and hunt.Go to Gohuntga.Type in specialty hunts in the information box top right hand

Back
Top Bottom