• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Apply pie brandy

I keep it in the fridge in Mason jars. Its better when warm but it goes down the same right out of the fridge. Gonna make more tomorrow. I keep drinking it so it doesn't last very long.

I see some good pics going back through the last couple of pages. To answer a couple of the questions: it will last several months in the fridge (if it doesn't get consumed by then), I cook it until the apples turn into just the skins and the dark inside of the cinnamon is gone (all the flavor goes into the drink that way), I will let it sit on the stove for several hours to cool to near room temp before adding the everclear. If time is an issue I will put the pot into the sink filled with ice water to cool it in about an hour. Add the everclear, stirr it in and pour into mason jars. The everclear will quickly evaporate if it is put into the fixings while it's hot.

I see some good pics going back through the last couple of pages. To answer a couple of the questions: it will last several months in the fridge (if it doesn't get consumed by then), I cook it until the apples turn into just the skins and the dark inside of the cinnamon is gone (all the flavor goes into the drink that way), I will let it sit on the stove for several hours to cool to near room temp before adding the everclear. If time is an issue I will put the pot into the sink filled with ice water to cool it in about an hour. Add the everclear, stirr it in and pour into mason jars. The everclear will quickly evaporate if it is put into the fixings while it's hot.

Thanks man!

I cooked it in two batches. First batched cooked and then I poured it into a 1 gallon pitcher while the second cooked. This helped cool it down some. Went and bout a 12qt stock pot and put the batch in the pitcher into this using a colander and cheese cloth doubled over. Once the second batch was done, I spooned as much of the apple skins off as I could with a slotted spoon, then back through some more cheesecloth and colander. I let it cool in the stockpot for a few hours until it was cooler than what I would normally drink warm cider. stirred in the everclear a little at a time. Once that was done, I used a measuring cup to scoop off the top and then a funnel to fill bottles. When I got to the end, there was still a little bit of the apple that had made it through the cheesecloth. I poured this through a coffee filter placed inside the funnel.

Back
Top Bottom