• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

APX Striker Fired, new offering from Beretta USA - MAC Review

I was excited about the gun until I saw this video. Punch required to change back straps & remove the FCU??? Major fails. The Sig method for FCU removal & SW back straps should be universal.

Gunsite Grad Gunsite Grad

I picked up my APX yesterday and swapped the frame out for Grey. FCU removal took all of 5 minutes with a multitool and a small piece of wire to hook a spring. No problem, easy peasy....Also used the same multitool, for the backstrap swap. You should get re-excited....

IMG_20170419_080121.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170419_073530.jpg
    IMG_20170419_073530.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 20
Gunsite Grad Gunsite Grad

I picked up my APX yesterday and swapped the frame out for Grey. FCU removal took all of 5 minutes with a multitool and a small piece of wire to hook a spring. No problem, easy peasy....Also used the same multitool, for the backstrap swap. You should get re-excited....

View attachment 1142248

Need a range day

I took my APX out for a bit for the first time yesterday. It handled anything I put through it without issue....AE115 gr range ammo, Remingtom 147 gr JHP, Hornady 147 gr XTP, Winchester Ranger 127 gr +p... I even ran a box of old 115gr Winchester Silvertips that I have had sitting around probably since the '90s....all flawless.

Accuracy is as reported by the many you-tubers out there, it shoots better than I do for sure.

It points great, and has the best feeling grip I think I've felt in a long while. I am really digging that low bore axis too. If you like grips that latch on and don't let go and a pistol that points naturally then the APX is for you... IMHO it is much better, than the PPQ, VP9, and P320 in terms of ergonomics.

Overall a solid offering by Beretta and worth a look see. IIRC there is even one listed in our classifieds right now. Whomever he is, he will be sorry he let it go. I know I won't be letting mine go. I already have a total of 6 17 round magazines so now all I need is my Gearcraft rig, my threaded barrel from BUSA and maybe some trijicons and I am GTG.

Back
Top Bottom