• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR-15 Bolt Face Stickers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AR15 Bolt Face is a Registered Trademark of AR15.com, LLC. Therefore, AR15.com, LLC must ask you to immediately cease and desist all sales of stickers or any other merchandise depicting an AR15 Bolt Face.

Please feel free to email me with any questions at JLA@AR15.com.

Thank You,

JLA
AR15.com

I'd say that his design is different enough that a judge would not make a summary judgement. For example, in ar15.com's design, the extractor is reversed color of the bolt head, for example, if the bolt head is black, then the extractor is white and if the bolt head is white, then the extractor is black.

Furthermore, from the USPTO website, the mark says "Description of Mark Color is not claimed as a feature of the mark. The mark consists of a direct view of an AR-style rifle bolt face with a cog-like appearance."

So, add some color (or add a circle around the cogs) and you should be ok

Some people/companies are litigious and will try to intimidate a third party into stopping even if they do not have a legal leg to stand on.

Last edited:
The AR15 Bolt Face is a Registered Trademark of AR15.com, LLC. Therefore, AR15.com, LLC must ask you to immediately cease and desist all sales of stickers or any other merchandise depicting an AR15 Bolt Face.

Please feel free to email me with any questions at JLA@AR15.com.

Thank You,

JLA
AR15.com

I've been in the advertising/trademark/servicemark industry for 21 years. While I am not doubting you just yet on the validity of your trademark claim, it is very odd and out of place that you, personally would issue a "Cease & Desist" forum post rather than your attorney issuing a written, legal statement which is the proper legal route.

Can you give us the reference number for your trademark application? I'd be glad to verify it for the forum.

Last edited:
I've been in the advertising/trademark/servicemark industry for 21 years. While I am not doubting you just yet on the validity of your trademark claim, it is very odd and out of place that you, personally would issue a "Cease & Desist" forum post rather than your attorney issuing a written, legal statement which is the proper legal route.

Can you give us the reference number for your trademark application? I'd be glad to verify it for the forum.

Get um!

Not really out to get em, I just find it vary odd that he is approaching it in this manner. This is definitely out of line for the legal way a Cease & Desist is issued. It's handled by corporate attorney, not someone who claims to hold the ®.

Not really out to get em, I just find it vary odd that he is approaching it in this manner. This is definitely out of line for the legal way a Cease & Desist is issued. It's handled by corporate attorney, not someone who claims to hold the ®.

Your right too. I see these stickers ALL the time. I doubt even half asked Ar-15.com if they could do so. Id like to know if they are for real or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom