• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ar 15 build question/opinion

Alright, I’ve heard enough out of the peanut gallery and the great unwashed masses of ODT.

Like I’ve told y’all before...

If you want expert advice, you need to ask an expert.

Y’all can keep on wandering around in the dark or you can get yourselves a heaping helping of FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE straight from the man that’s “been there, done that and got the T-shirt”

He’s seen it all and he’s done it all. If you don’t believe it, just ask him and he’ll post a short novel about it.

So on the subject of Ballistic Advantage barrels, what has been your experience greg vess greg vess ?

Dang, I thought you were going to go all Apollo Creed intro there for a second! The Master of Disaster, The King of Sting, The Dancing Destroyer, The Prince of Punch, and The Count of Monte Fisto... lol

We’ve got one of the best AR builders in America on this site.

He’s always happy to share his AR and UZI knowledge with anybody that’s interested.

Y’all want me to tag him?

Alright, I’ve heard enough out of the peanut gallery and the great unwashed masses of ODT.

Y’all can keep on wandering around in the dark or you can get yourselves a heaping helping of FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE straight from the man that’s “been there, done that and got the T-shirt”

He’s seen it all and he’s done it all. If you don’t believe it, just ask him and he’ll post a short novel about it.

So on the subject of Ballistic Advantage barrels, what has been your experience greg vess greg vess ?

The super-star of the AR!

1_SrOgiDa5DIPJDc4K-2ezlg.gif

I have read a little bit on the Faxon barrels. I like em. I really like the tutorials that were put together by mtdawg and Wallace. I am pretty sure I will be going with a Geissele handguard. Still a little undeceive on the bolt, want to do a little more research. I think cmshoot recommended one or put one in his ar’s that he spoke highly of.

I have read a little bit on the Faxon barrels. I like em. I really like the tutorials that were put together by mtdawg and Wallace. I am pretty sure I will be going with a Geissele handguard. Still a little undeceive on the bolt, want to do a little more research. I think cmshoot recommended one or put one in his ar’s that he spoke highly of.
For whatever it's worth, I have had good luck with BCM bolt carrier groups. Thousands and thousands of rounds with no problems.

Got one of their Hanson 18 inch 5.56/.223 barrels in a build I completed but haven't shot it yet. I just got a testing scope the other day so a day at the range is in quick order. I read a lot about them and I have a lot of great reviews. It was a just have another gun deal so I purchased one oh hell it's been months ago. I don't have a range report but I will in the next couple of weeks. I actually am waiting on a mount and then I am headed there.
The company boast sub 1 MOA so I am hoping it lives up to their claims. The barrel looks great. Nice target crown, polished feed ramps and supposedly the Hanson line has NiB coating on the feed ramps like that's going to huge difference. Sarcasm there guy. I am anxious to go test it out. I will give a full range report with many different brands of ammo maybe here in the next week.

Back
Top Bottom