• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR-15 lower question

Chilly willy

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
63   0
Reaction score
I apologize for my ignorance but I’ve only purchased stripped lowers in the past . I want to build an AR pistol and the only lower I can find to complete my build Is a manufacturer’s assembled completed lower with rifle buttstock ...does this make the complete lower a rifle lower? Or would it be listed as other on the 4473 form?

I apologize for my ignorance but I’ve only purchased stripped lowers in the past . I want to build an AR pistol and the only lower I can find to complete my build Is a manufacturer’s assembled completed lower with rifle buttstock ...does this make the complete lower a rifle lower? Or would it be listed as other on the 4473 form?
IMHO you want only stripped lowers. If you build them as a pistol first. I would take a picture with today's newspaper the day you build it as a pistol so you can prove it was a pistol first. Then it can they can go back and forth no problem. But if it is a rifle first, the ATF can burn you if you turn it into a pistol!

IMHO you want only stripped lowers. If you build them as a pistol first. I would take a picture with today's newspaper the day you build it as a pistol so you can prove it was a pistol first. Then it can they can go back and forth no problem. But if it is a rifle first, the ATF can burn you if you turn it into a pistol!
Prove it to who and when? Wouldn't it only matter how it initially transferred on the 4473 to the individual?

Not a bad idea..yeah I knew that once a rifle never a pistol but I just wasn’t sure how the completed lower was listed on the 4473

Prove it to who and when? Wouldn't it only matter how it initially transferred on the 4473 to the individual?
No clue..All I know is that if I have to use it to protect me or my family I want my “I’s” dotted and “T’s” crossed 100% legal fire arm ...I don’t want to catch a s BS felony charge From someone trying to make a name for him or herself because of a Technicality

All lowers are listed as "other' on the 4473. Unless it has been completed as a rifle then it is not a rifle or a pistol. Just a receiver. Take the buttstock off, put on a brace and finish your pistol.

Back
Top Bottom