• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR-15 lower question

That’s what I was thinking originally! but why has everyone else chimed in stating it’s a rifle lower?old Rumor? Hearsay? Is it up to the my local gun shop to decide which box to check(other or rifle) or is it decided from the factory?
Internet nonsense mostly. People chiming in with something they read. The law is fairly clear on it.

If a receiver comes in new from the manufacturer or distributor with a buttstock on it, it is still just a receiver/other. It is not a rifle or a pistol and it is not listed as such on a 4473. It is not a rifle or a pistol till an upper is installed regardless of what furniture came on it from the manufacturer.

So...its as simple as taking of the butt stock and makeing sure my FFL checks the other box?

1510954199_giphy.gif

If a receiver comes in new from the manufacturer or distributor with a buttstock on it, it is still just a receiver/other. It is not a rifle or a pistol and it is not listed as such on a 4473. It is not a rifle or a pistol till an upper is installed regardless of what furniture came on it from the manufacturer.
Thanks for the clarification sir I appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom